Here's a list:
- Many libraries have a summer reading program. Some even have awards if you read so many books.
- Check with your local bookstore to see if they have a story time.
- Most areas have a Kids Bowl Free program.
- Splash parks are perfect for some summer fun. Most of them are free. Most kids love them!
- Many movie theaters offer free G and PG movies in the mornings. Check with your theater. I found that many of them are listed online.
- Check your local community center to see if they have a REC Club for ages 5-12. My son Mica has been having a blast at ours. He's learned how to play football, cricket, had water fun day and more. It's Monday through Friday 10-4. They can be dropped off at any time after 10 and picked up any time before 4. They asked for a donation. We gladly handed over more than what they asked for.
- My boys have been having a great time at the Lowes Build and Grow Clinic. They get a project to build with mom or dad, an apron, a patch and a certificate for building it right. Go to the link to sign your child or children up. Next they have a Kung Fu Panda project!
- Of course there are parks to go to as well.