I got RELAX: Deep Relaxing Mandala Coloring Patterns and Calming Designs (Adult Coloring Book Book 1 to review. It's made by Craft Haven.
Ideas on Where to Use it:
- Take it to the doctor, or dentist office to use in the waiting area.
- Take it to the kid's swimming lessons, or other sporting event.
- Color while watch a movie at home.
- Take it on vacation to have something to do in the car if you are a passenger.
A Few Other Pages:
Things I Like About RELAX: Deep Relaxing Mandala Coloring Patterns and Calming Designs:
- Each design is different. You'll never find yourself coloring the same image over and over again.
- Craft Haven has additional pages that you can download for free off their site!
- The cost is reasonable.
- It's a great gift for artists or non artists. I could see my sister that's into health and wellness liking this!
Things I Wish This Book Had:
- I wish it had perforated edges. Then if you like your design you could take it out easily to hang up. If someone else wanted to try coloring, you could easily rip a page out for them to color.
- Making the paper thicker to again last longer, and make it more permanent to hang up.
- I think it would be great if a small set of colored pencils, or gel pens went with it. They could up their cost just a little bit to accommodate the coloring utensils.
I'm a teacher for Color and Design Theory. I can see where it may be hard for some people to pick out colors. I picked out a triadic color scheme, which are 3 colors equally spaced on the color wheel that form a triangle: Red-Violet, Yellow-Orange, and Blue-Green. I veered a little, but pretty much stayed within those colors.
I tell my students to pick out ads they like in magazines/online to use in their projects.
There's also an online adobe resource called Adobe Color that's free online to use. It gives you colors that work well together.
Cost of RELAX: Deep Relaxing Mandala Coloring Patterns and Calming Designs:
- $9.11 on Amazon
- $10.96 and on sale for $8.87 on Craft Haven's website.
Do you like to color? Did you like to color when you were a kid?