I made a Hamburger Casserole from scratch. The boys loved it!
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom, or cream of celery soup
- 1 can of tomato soup, or for a more southwestern flavor you can use 1 can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 can of corn for a more southwestern flavor *optional
- 1 can of green chilies for a more southwestern flavor *optional
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
- Cheddar Cheese, grated enough to cover the casserole
- Chopped green onions to garnish *optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cook the pasta according to the instructions.
Cook the meat until it isn't pink, drain, stir in chili powder, salt and pepper, and set aside.
Cook the onions until they are soft.
Spray a 9X13 pan. Add hamburger, noodles, soups, and optional items if you choose to. Stir well.
Cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
Grate cheese over the mixture. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Serve. We added chopped green onions for a garnish.
About the Pan:
The pan is made for pros. It's a 10.25" fry pan with a flared rim for drip-free pouring.
I love this: It has a thick 4.5mm warp-resistant bottom that evenly distributes heat from all heat sources (induction, radiant, ceramic, halogen & gas). We had a fairly new pan before that warped really fast. This pan replaced that one!
The SecureSnap handle can be taken off to put the pan in the fridge, sink, cupboard, oven, dishwasher, or other tight spaces. I never wash mine in the dishwasher, but it says that you can. The handle detaches by pulling the release button and tilting up at 30 degree angle.
It's non-stick. Of course you want to use some oil, but so far I haven't had anything stick to it.
It can withstand high heat. It can go in the oven up to 400 degrees! The handle needs to come off if you put it in the oven.
It's easy to clean so far. Like I said it can go in the dishwasher. I don't know if I'll do this. I tend to have 1 sink full of dishes I like to hand wash just to keep them working well for longer.
Cost is $49.99 on sale for $29.99.
Do you have a favorite pan to use?
Disclaimer: I received this pan for a discount in exchange for an honest review.