- School will be starting up soonish. Last week I scheduled a routine procedure for the first day of class. I don't teach on Monday, I'm all ready for the week of class, and my driver AKA Travis has the day off. I put in my time off request, and it was a problem.
Every year on the first day of class I sit in my office, and do virtually nothing for the buzz of the week. I'm working way in advance. I don't take a lot of sick days. I'm pretty sure I gave my computer an eye roll when I read that it wasn't approved.
- I have a make-up class this week. Basically the student needs to make up time because he wasn't here enough during the class to full fill his credit hours. His been late twice. His problem of not being here is now my problem. He has to make up the time. In order to do that I have to stay later on Friday for him to do so. He didn't bring in his annual report from before, so I could look at it like he said he would. It was not my class before, so I have no clue what I'm helping him with. He has some kind of court date one of the days. I wish I could reach the students that struggle with life.
- Mica reads much of the time. Even on busy weekends he'll hand me a thick book and say, "I just finished reading this." I think it drives Travis nuts just because he'd like to see Mica outdoors more, or making something artistic.
- Last week I got a facebook message from an acquaintance inviting me to come over to his house. I don't know this guy very well. Hanging out with people I don't know very well out of my comfort zone. When I mentioned it to Travis he was like, "YES!" I do know the guy that invited us is an art collector. I just painted on 3 wooden dogs for a show that he was having awhile back. I had no clue if this event was ok to take children to. Then it dawned on me that my kids were in their leadership camp that night. This was a big yay because no kids showed up to his house. It would have been odd if I had brought the boys for sure.
- Every once in awhile a miss understanding happens. That happened earlier this week. I hate when that happens. I agonize about it for days. I'm not one to let stuff go. I don't like the fact that I pissed someone off. Sometimes people view something so very differently. Quite frankly I don't share the views of a lot of people, but just roll with it. I think the world would be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same way.
I loved the artwork that said, "too much art will kill you" just because it was everywhere. One I also liked a lot was tribal men attacking grocery carts. It cracked me up!