- I know it's been awhile since I've posted a random post. Working from 4:30 AM to 1:30 PM isn't too bad. What's bad is working from 1:30 PM to 9:30 PM a few days later. I feel like I have no routine. I'm tired ALL the time!
- The boys were supposed to start school next week. Omaha is doing so bad with COVID! The teachers got on the news, and talked about how they don't feel safe going back. I have a few thoughts on this. First I agree with them, second I see groups of kids all over hanging out without masks on, and with their parents out and about without masks... How is going to school any different?
Education should be in my mind set before sports, and the economy. We've made it clear as a society that education is last. If we would have kept all things that we could shut down as long as we could, and had school in session first that would have been ideal.
- Things need to change, and fast! I've been saying this for years. We should move to one person in a family working. Single parents, shouldn't have to work as hard as they do. This would give children a stable home environment, that they need. Then make the price point of everything just a bit cheaper. If everything was cheaper this could be accomplished.
Kids need home cooked meals, supervision, help with their homework, and someone to talk to.
What are your thoughts on all this? I'm not in the position to judge you. I want to know what you think. To me it's crazy how political this has gotten. We need ideas, compromise, and resolution.
- Isaak was cracking me up the other day. He said, "Mica do you think all holiday shows are kind of cheesy?" I don't even know that I heard Mica's answer. Then he said, "Mica do you think it's odd that dogs always talk in cartoon movies and shows?"
It reminded me of that seen in Stand By Me...
- At home I wear Cheez-it shirts all the time. I literally a walking advertisement for them. They are comfortable. At the store a lady said, "I love your shirt!" I wanted to say, "If you follow me home I'll give you one." I have about seven of them. Ha!
Saturday, August 8, 2020
Recently we've had a few house updates. Both boys needed a room update.
Mica's always been the type that just has never cared if anything is updated. Reason...he knows it requires work. Can we say, "LAZY"? I think most kidadults would skip out on making things look better if they knew it required work.
Mica wanted a space theme that's graphic. We struggled because I pictured a galaxy, or star star wall. He wanted an exploding earth. Then I got him a starry bed spread. I'm thinking of getting him a starry blanket to cover his chair too.
Main Color: Red-Orange
Now that Travis and I basically have opposite working schedules, it was hard getting Mica's room done. We had most of Mica's room in our living room, for three weeks.
I taught Mica how to roll, so we had three people working on this project. You can tell he was oh so excited to start rolling. Ha!
A good way to get a home project going, is having the right tools to do it.
List of Products to Help With This Job:
- We had three gallons of paint: Navaho White, Red Orange, and Teal
- We mixed up two more colors with the three
- Paint Brushes
- Painter's Tape
- Paint with a base - We used Navaho White
- Tape with painter's tape - We free formed it
- Burnish the tape
- Roll base color on
- Use a brush to edge the colors
- Roll on the colors
- Take away the tape
- Fix up bleeding paint with a brush
Setting up the Wagner Smart Roller:
The Wagner Smart Roller came in pieces. Travis had the roller set up in minutes.
The roller was fairly easy to use. We picked to use the Wagner Smart Roller, for the biggest area of paint that we needed to cover.
We did feel like the paint got in the parts, and was a pain to clean. I think I'd want to use this, for a room that's all the same color.
How to Use:
The paint gets pumped up into the gigantic syringe AKA a fill tube.
What was the last room in your house, that you painted? What color did you paint it?
Disclaimer: I got the Wagner Smart Roller for free in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.
If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org