Wednesday, October 28, 2020
- You can use a Mozy for soccer, football, and other games. I know sports are limited right now, but there are some going on. If you are sitting in the stands, mask on, freezing your butt off, a Mozy will help. I've always hated how they make many coats for your upper torso, but no coat for your lower body. Snow pants are hard to put on, and take off because they have to go on before your big heavy shoes or boots do.
- You can use a Mozy for a bonfire, or drum circle. I just added the drum circle in there because we used to have one often at Kansas City Art Institute. Maybe it's an artist thing. My friend that just moved to Florida said they have them often right down the street from where she lives.
- You can use a Mozy for fishing, or hunting. With fishing there's a lot of sitting around, so a Mozy would be helpful. I think it would be great with deer hunting as well.
- Elementary teachers or Aids can use a Mozy at recess time, or when they are waiting for caregivers to pick up their children at the end of the day. They even have pockets in the front for hand sanitizer, pens, pencils, and more.
- Leave a Mozy in the car for trips, or if you get stranded. I typically have a blanket in the car for just in case needs. Having a Mozy stay in the car would be equally, or better than a blanket to have.
- People can use a Mozy for the bus stop. They can wear them around their legs, and turn around and use them like a blanket inside the bus. Mica has a ways to walk to get to the bus stop. Knock on wood he's had very little waiting time. I was worried about bus communication with 3 days in school, and 2 days off.
- People can use a Mozy in the morning, for the car. In the mornings Isaak's always cold. He hates taking a coat, that he has to lug around school. They can't use lockers right now, with COVID on the scene. Instead of a coat I encouraged him to grab the Mozy. Isaak's been dressing in layers on his top. He thought he invented dressing in layers. I said, "No son. People have been dressing in layers, for years!" It's harder to dress in layers, for the lower part of your body. Mozy makes layering easy!
Unlike snow pants, you can take a Mozy off and put it back on with ease! It's not heavy to carry around. The inside is a heavy fleece, and the outside is a waterproof material.
- Mozy Mini (small) 16" - 26"
- Mozy Mid (medium) 27" - 45"
- Mozy More (large) 46"
It's always a fun surprise to open the door, and see a Ripley's Believe It or Not! book waiting, for us to open it.
My boys were arguing about who was going to get the book, for Christmas. Ha! I said, "Neither one of you is getting it. I'm going to hold off, and give it to your cousin Edison. He doesn't have one yet. In the meantime look at it, and take it all in."
- It has 256 pages
- It has 1,200 stories that are new and around the world
- It's packed full with colorful pictures, and great typography
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Lately Isaak's a singing, noise making, beatboxing machine. I swear the kid switches preferred art forms just when you think you know his favorite. Paper art, nope, violin, nope, drawing, nope, piano, nope, beatboxing, maybe.
What's worse, is that he'll find a really annoying song to repeat, and repeat. This is something I would totally do. He gets it from me. Here's the song he keeps singing...and when I sing it, and make up lyrics to it he gets really annoyed.
- Isaak's grades were less than desirable. Mostly because he doesn't do certain things. I said, "You know there'd be less confusion if you just did your work, for when it's due. It's really confusing on your part to know what you do and don't have in, confusing to your teacher to." He said, "You're right." We'll see if he pulls those grades up. Truth it takes him three times as long to do anything, compared to Mica. I feel for him in that regard.
How do you make a turtle into a hare? Isaak's always been slow with eating, getting dressed and doing homework.
- Mica thought it was wise to lift weights, then put the weight on Isaak's ipad cord, that's the school's. Thank goodness it was ok.
- Isaak was flipping through stations. He saw that we have ET. He paused and said, "I thought this was E.T. meaning Extra Terrestrial." Poor boy looked so disappointed.
This is what he was hoping for:This is something like what he got...
- Signing up for conferences was literally crazy. Each teacher wanted a Teams meeting. When Travis started signing up for a few they'd said, "That spot is already full." At the time of sign up I didn't know if or when I was going to be working. So we did just a few. It's sad because Isaak in particular I really would have liked to of talked to his teachers. I don't blame the staff. It just wasn't going to work for us. A simple phone call would have been better.
I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.
If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org