- I had a phone interview yesterday. He said that he asked me to think about a funny vacation story in his email to me. I never saw that, looked back, and didn’t see it there at all. It’s ok...I have plenty of vacation stories.
- At work we were told to make sure that all employees checking out, have red stickers on their items. That way no one thinks the items are stollen. I do just that. One employee doesn’t like waiting. Who enjoys waiting? He huffs under his breath. One day he was doing this huffing and puffing right in front of customers. I could have chosen to ignore him, but it was like listening to Mica, when he was 13 and 14 - juvenile! I looked at him and said, “ I’m sorry you dislike this policy. If you’d like to have it changed, I encourage you to go to management to discuss it. I was trained to do what I do. I’m just doing my job. Please don’t huff, puff, and blow the work place down.” Do you think I handled that correctly, or not? How would you have handled it?
- A lady wanted to make a return, that was a Kroger product. I kindly told her that she didn’t buy the product from our store. She got mad, and told me it was all over in the back. She said it was awful, and sour tasting. It was buttermilk.
- A cashier was glancing at her phone between orders. I didn’t think too much of it. She was new, and it wasn’t a consistent problem. A person that works in the back came and told in a mean way that - my cashiers shouldn't be using their phones. - It kind of took me off guard. 1. I don't own the cashiers. 2. For all she knew this cashier already taked to me about let's say her Mom was in the hospital, and she was checking her phone. 3. I have enough bosses, and don’t need another. - I told the lady I’d talk with the cashier. She stood there eyeing me. This lady didn’t like that I didn’t drop everything to talk with her. She told not 1, but 3 managers about this small issue.
- I thought remote learning was the answer, for Isaak. Turns out I got a message on my phone saying he had some missing assignments in Math class. We had a talk about accountability.
Saturday, September 5, 2020
Sunday, August 30, 2020
Everything with remote learning is going fairly smoothly. I was expecting some major bumps. There was only a few slight issues.&n
The boy’s school district got new iPads, for all the students. The trouble was that they didn’t come in until after school started. That was in general a hiccup. Some in our area have had problems with internet connection, but not us.
I do worry about the boys being on screens all day long. I know others have jobs, where they are on their computer all day. It is important to protect ones eyes.
Thankfully a company sent me a pair of glasses, to block harmful screen light. You can get these glasses on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0834XLGJ9, for $15.99. They do go on sale a lot.
I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.
If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org