We had Emerson's 7th Birthday and my 42 Birthday Party last weekend.
My sister was making a sorbet desert. I love sorbet, but I hate graham cracker crust things. I don't mind graham crackers. I just don't like them all crushed up.
So I made a fruit pizza!
I have the recipe below, but I'll explain it as well.
First off I made a batch of ice cream cone sugar cookies for Travis' work and my work. The cookies had different flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry, Lemon and Vanilla. All that was good, but it left me with left over frosting. I just used the vanilla to make the strawberry and lemon. Now I have lemon and strawberry extracts.
I wanted to use the left over frosting on the Fruit Pizza - as much as I could.
1. I rolled out a batch of homemade cookie dough onto a round pan.
2. I used the ice cream cone cookie cutter - backside to imprint the dough, not to cut it. They are part of the big circle, not separated.
3. Then I painted the cones with blended egg yolk, and sprinkled them with brown sugar.
4. Then I baked it on 350 degrees for 9 minutes, or until light brown.
6. I frosted the cones with some frosting I had left from the cookies I made.
7. I put plain cream down in the middle.
8. Isaak topped it with fruit that Travis and I cut.
9. The fruit in odd spots like the cherries on the cones, and grapes on the edges were cut in 1/2. I spread cream cheese on them to act as a glue. It worked really well!
Fruit Pizza by AlissaSpiehs-Apel on Scribd
It tasted great too! What's your favorite desert? I think I love chocolate cake with chocolate frosting the most!