We have all wood floors, minus the kitchen and bathroom, which are a laminate.
I love them because they look nice, clean up easily, do not absorb/trap in spills, and are great for allergy suffers like me.
I hate them because I'll sweep, and 15 minutes later if I sweep again I'll get more stuff up, they always seem dirty and they are not soft to walk on like carpet is.
I've used a few steamers in the past. Recently I got to try out a HomeRight SteamMachine Plus with a Handheld Unit to review. A $124.99 value.
The 205 degree temperature steam at nozzle kills 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria including e-coli, salmonella, and staph. I love that it kills so many germs!
It cleans best on laminate, hardwood, tile, stone, vinyl and linoleum.
Included in Box:
- Detachable Steamer
- Steamer Frame
- Mop Head
- Carpet Glider
- (2) Microfiber Mop Pads
- Squeegee/Fabric Steamer
- Cotton Bonnet for Squeegee/Fabric Steamer
- Small Nylon Brush
- Large Nylon Brush
- Angled Jet Nozzle
- Grout Brush
- Straight Adaptor
- Measuring Cup
- Manual *Can also be seen online
There are 5 main things that I really like about the HomeRight SteamMachine Plus over other steamers that I've used in the past.
- 205 degree F steam
- 20 Minute Run Time
- Heats Up in 30 Seconds
- 12 Ounce Water Tank
- 1500 Watts
- 120 Volts
- 16 Foot Cord
- UL Safety Listed
Here's 4 things I didn't prefer:
- It has more of a standard 2 prong plug. We had an electrician come out that changed many of our outlets to a 2. Other steamers I've had in the past were 3. It made it such a pain because the cord wasn't long enough to go from room to room. this one I could plug it in just about anywhere.
- I like the plus feature in the unit. Look at the blue part of the unit. It comes out to use for smaller areas. It works great in areas where the floor separates. There's a brush, so if something is really stuck on the floor, you can use that to help break it up.
- I love all the attachments! There's just so many to choose from. They included 6 attachments that are ideal for cleaning and disinfecting stove tops, ovens, grills, counter tops and bathrooms.
- It can clean carpet. While we only have a few rugs, I think this is a nice feature to have in a steamer. There's an additional triangle base that gets added to clean carpets.
- I liked how the cleaning pad rinsed out. I've had others the held on to the melted on/packed on dirt.
- I wish there was a compartment for all the attachments. On the upside the handle does fold down for easy storage.
- I don't prefer that everything is plastic.
- Maybe I was using the machine wrong, but I had to push down on the button the whole time for the steam to happen. My thumb got tired.
- The knob to add water was difficult to open.
All the Attachments:
I know I'll be using these for food spills, and sometimes Isaak puts stickers on our floor. They'd work great to help get that kind of stuff up and off the floor!
I know the scraper one would work great for getting dried wall paint off the wood floor. We're in need of some touch up paint. The small one will be great to get in corners, cracks and other small places.
The water goes where the black knob is. It uses tap water, or distilled water. I know it says I can use tap water, but I feel like the machine will last longer with distilled water.
The unit heated up, and was ready to steam fairly quickly.
Here's my colorful kitchen floor after a big party. I think it cleaned it pretty good. The padded mat usually goes under the sink, but was pushed around, so I could clean there.
What I love about any steamer is that the water dries so fast! It's helpful when you have kids. They don't have the patients to wait to walk on a floor. It's also great that you don't have to use any chemicals to clean.
Before and After
I cleaned all of upstairs after a family get together. I liked the results!
Here's what the plus part of the steamer looks like. It's pretty handy. All the attachments fit up to it. How cool is that?
I know I'll be using this steamer like crazy!
HomeRight has many other home improvement products on their site: Airless Paint Sprayers, Heat Guns, HVLP Sprayers, Paint Rollers and Edgers, Stain Tools, Steamers, and Tank Sprayers.
Disclaimer: The opinions on the post are my personal take on the
product. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. I was
under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any
obligation to write a positive review.