- If you haven't seen this movie do: I Am Big Bird
- I have 1 student that didn't show up all the first week of his classes. I mentioned something to administration and they said, "Ya he has a lot on his plate right now. He'll be in tomorrow." That tomorrow was said for 3 days. I hate when they tell you a student has a lot on their plate, but they don't say what. It's a small school. We all know each other. They get all secret like with some things, and totally not with others. It's so strange.
There's been times where I've had a lot on my plate, and my sister that has 4 kids - 1 being special needs still shows up. I'd have more empathy if I knew why his plate is so full. I think anyone would.
- I really can't wait for sunnier weather. I hate going home, and not being able to take photos because it's dark right after I get there. It makes reviewing products, or taking photos of my kids hard.
- We had "Memories With Mom" this morning. Maybe it's called, "Doughnuts With Mom". Anyhow we played UNO, and Isaak won twice. Mica kept saying, "He cheated!" I don't know how you could really cheat in UNO. Someone was a little bitter about his brother winning.
- My kids are so different. Mica could navigate through a maze like Travis. Isaak could get lost going straight like me. We were at Khol's - having Mica try on shirts. Isaak had to go to the bathroom. I said, "Just go straight. I'll stand right here in the hallway between you both." I saw 2 store clerks directing my crying son down the straight hallway. He was seriously going to turn to go the left instead of straight. Mica was doing the typical big brother thing by laughing at him. I have to admit it was sort of funny, but not. Have you ever gotten lost in a store when you were little?
I've watched it twice. It was that good. Yes it's about the guy that played Big Bird. I just love the creativity of his. A few things I learned, while watching it: 1. Big Bird almost went to space. Luckily they ran out of room on that space ship. It was the Challenger that blew up when I was in 3rd grade. 2. Caroll Spinney was great friends with Jim Henson. There's a lot more, but I don't want to give the movie away.
It's creative, sad, happy, feel good kind of movie.