- In the south I heard, "Have a blessed day!" often. Here not even the most religious people say that. I have no clue why.
We also don't say ya'll here in Nebraska. Drive 5 hours into Missouri, and you'll hear ya'll.
- We serve hot tea and iced tea in Nebraska. In Georgia it's only iced tea. Often times it's sweetened there to.
- In the south even the wealthy people might possibly have a roach problem. They are all over Georgia. In the midwest we have roaches to, but not everywhere. I remember standing outside for my night class in Savannah; I could just see the roaches scurry from the grass to the sidewalk.
In Nebraska, since there are fewer roaches you are considered to be unclean if you have a roach problem in your house.
- I was going to talk about Nebraska's lace of respect for different races, cultures, and religions. It's primarily filled with Catholic caucasians and Lutherans. What I wrote sounded so negative that I deleted it. Not all of Nebraska is raciest. If you come here it certainly stands out that there is a lot of white people. Different parts of Omaha are very separated. It's very different from the south with that. I encourage any one that lives in the midwest to travel to the south and visa vera. You'll understand what I'm writing about then.
- Nebraska is all about their college football team. Most other places are about their state football teams. I cringe when it's football season. I don't care for the sport at all. Men running into each other causing concussions, and brain injuries. My husband loves football. He gets annoyed with me when I bitch about it. Why does our news take up 1/2 its time with sports, when there's so much going on in the world? Why are they talking about football now when it's not football season yet? Our football team's mascot is a hick. Nebraska doesn't like to be referred to as having hicks that live here. Why is our mascot a hick then? It's so odd!
- Georgia has some places we don't have, but we have some places they don't have. I miss Georgia's DMVs. They were at their Kroger's. Kroger isn't Kroger here, it's Bakers. Here we just have a DMVs - not in grocery stores. They have long lines.
- Georgia has Waffle House, Nebraska doesn't
- Georgia has Restoration Hardware, Nebraska doesn't
- Nebraska doesn't have a Churches Chicken, Bojangle's, or Checkers. Chick-fil-a and Raising Cane's are newish here in Nebraska. It's hard for me to tell you whant Nebraska has that Georgia doesn't have because it's been so long, since I've been to Georgia. :( I can tell you that we have a lot of family owned places in Nebraska.