- I wish I could share good news about my nephew Emerson. He's been in the hospital for seizures. They've tried different meds. Nothing so far has helped. In fact things have just gotten worse for him. His 2 minute seizures are now 15 minutes! All these meds have side effects.
Little Emerson has needed extra O2, a catheter had to be put in because he couldn't pee - they don't scan his bladder right because it is shaped funny, he was blocked with stool, he's sleepy but can't sleep well, he his thyroid was on the low side, he had a fever, he got a huge rash from one med that they have had to stop. Some doctors are all about helping Emerson, while others won't even show up. My heart melts for their family.
I'm taking in Emerson's 3 brothers this Friday for the Isaak's school Fall Festival.
- Isaak keeps getting papers like this sent home:
- Isaak got into Show Choir. I'm so glad he's taking his own path, and not following in his brother's footsteps. Mica did great! Isaak is Isaak. They are two different people with two different personalities.
- Mica to is doing well. He got a postcard in the mail from his math teacher saying how he's doing so great in class. Mica seemed proud! That was good.
It inspired me to talk with my good students, and tell them how proud I am of how hard they work. I don't think it's going to go to their heads. They worked for it, and deserve it.
- I'd say I'm ready for a relaxing weekend, but it will be a busy one: The boy's school Fall Festival with 3 cousins tagging along, an overnight with cousins, flu shots on Saturday morning, basket ball game Sat. morning, a friend get together somewhere in there (she's visiting), the boy's Leadership Camp Sat. night, and maybe Sun. will be a clean-up craft day.
What do you have planned for the weekend?
To me it's crazy to grade 4/4, but whatever he's doing well.