- Cheesy Potato Soup is not something we have often. It's comfort food that isn't the best for you. It does taste good.
- Isaak wanted a second bowl full.
Cheesy Potato Soup
- Cook all the stuff below until tender:
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 6 tablespoons onion
- 2 cups water
- Whisk and cook:
- 1/2 cup butter - melt in pan, don't burn
- 1/2 cup flour - whisk in flour
- 4 cups milk - slowly whisk in milk
- 4 cups chicken broth - whisk in
- 1 pound Velvetta cheese - add until melted
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- Add everything together.
- Optional: Add chopped chives and/or bacon bits on top of servings. We didn't add this, but it sure sounds good!
Yum!! I remember when Graham used to like soup.. now it seems if it isn't a french fry or yogurt he doesn't want it! LOL
Post a Comment