I've had people give me odd looks why I tell them I eat hemp seeds. They give me even stranger looks when I tell them that my kids eat it to. I'm going to come out, and say it, you do not eat hemp seed and get high.
They taste similar to sunflower seeds only smaller, soft and buttery! That's why I love it on my salad.
Super Hemp seed is considered by many nutritionists as nature's most perfect food. It contains the a perfect 3:1 balance of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids. These fatty acids promote heart health, lower triglycerides, work to reduce inflammation, promote brain health, and support the immune system. Low in carbohydrates, hemp seeds are ideal for those following the paleo diet or who need to be carb conscious for their health.
This superfood delivers a power-punch of complete proteins, making it a great addition to vegan and vegetarian diets. In fact, Super Hemp delivers 10g of easily digestable plant-based protein per 1 oz serving. Compare that to 6g protein in one large hard boiled egg.
One thing we really struggle with is filling our boys up. Mica hates eggs. We want him to have some protein of some kind in the morning. Hemp seeds are perfect.
For snack time I added help Super Hemp to Zucchini Brownies.
Everyone in my family loved them!
Bake 350 degrees in a 9x9 pan for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted, and comes out clean.
I didn't hear, "I'm hungry!" after the boys ate their brownies.
They must have gotten filled up.
- Super good in recipes, toppings or raw.
- Contains more protein and omegas and less carbs than the same serving of Chia seeds or Flax.
- Is packs a perfectly balanced dose of both Omega 3 and Omega 6 (10g omegas per 28g serving).
- Is RAW, shelled, USDA-certified-organic hempseeds.
- Is Cold-processed (under 104°F) from raw, live hemp seeds.
- Is 33% protein; rich in iron, vitamin E, and GLA (gamma-linolenic acid).
- Is a product of Canada.
- Has a high oil content, hemp seeds should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Is $49.95, but on sale for $18.98. Get Super Hemp for 1/2 off the sale price by using the discount below.
Ideas on what you can use Super Hemp for:
- Hot cereal
- Granola bars
- Sprinkle on salads
- Blend into pilafs
Disclaimer: I'm writing this in connection to Tomoson. I got this Super Hemp free for review. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.