The Easter Bunny at our house makes a Scavenger Hunt every year. The starting point is always the coffee table. That's where they get their first clue.
Scavenger Hunt - The Clue Eggs are Glittery to Stand Out
- Welcome to your 2016 Scavenger Hunt. There are 7 eggs each for you to find in, around, and underneath this coffee table. Find the clue egg to take you to to next hiding spot. I hope you have just as much fun finding the eggs, as I did hiding them. - The Easter Bunny
- Old Mother Hubbard hid 20 eggs in the _________ . Find 10 eggs each + the next clue egg. (cupboard)
- There are 7 eggs where Isaak puts dirty and clean clothes. There are 7 eggs + the next clue egg where Mica hardly ever puts dirty clothes. (hampers - all their dirty clothes were out of there)
- Find 20 eggs - 10 eggs each low to the ground + the next clue egg. (floor)
- 5 eggs + the next clue egg are hidden in what takes you to school in the mornings. Look in the front to find a special prize. (car)
- This is your final clue egg. There are 10 eggs - 5 eggs each hidden in the spot where you get clean. Look for a fun prize. Happy Easter! (bathroom)
Mica said after the hunt, "Mom the tradition is for us to watch one of our new movies in the morning." I'm like, "Ok, so I can have time to work in the kitchen to get ready for the big family get together?!" He said, "Yep." Ha! I think they won that one. They watched their new movie Spaceballs, while I made food.
They laughed and laughed. Travis kept sneaking off to see parts of the movie. He's never seen it.
I was only part successful in my food making.
I was successful in making my Sweet Potato Puffs:
I was unsuccessful in making White Potato Puffs.
They didn't hold up at all. When baked they turned into pancakes. I didn't add eggs to them. Travis made me skip that. I wonder if that's why they didn't hold up. They still were GOOD tasting. They had powdered ranch dressing in them, and were topped with real bacon bits and chive onions from our garden. They ended up being served like Mashed Potatoes.
Off we went to my Aunt's house to have a big meal, and another egg hunt. This was Mica's last year for the hunt. Next year he gets to hide the eggs and prizes for the little kids.
Right now my youngest cousin, and oldest niece and nephew hide them.
A Few of the Egg Hiders
Mica and Isaak are Circled
Isaak Found the Golden Egg
It had the most money in it - $20
I got pictures of my kids, but nearly all of them were horrible. Isaak kept avoiding the camera. It was somewhat windy, so Mica's hair was in his face. The boys kept moving, and shoveling candy in their mouthes.
It was a happy Easter though. What did you do for Easter?
bitch complain about the lack of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Eggs, so I went to the store to buy some on clearance.