- We got to swimming lessons way too early. I have a hard time, timing it. There's construction along the way + I make sure the boys take a shower prior to their lessons. Other kids don't shower, but they have a big sign saying to shower. Since we're their guest, I make sure we abide by their rules.
- The sirens went off because of tornado activity. No worries, no damage, just a funky looking sky. Travis went to pick up the boys at school, and many children were crying, and freaking out. They were afraid. Do you get scared when the weather is wacky? I don't. The last time a storm was really bad in Omaha was in 1975, the year before I was born.
The wacky weather didn't bother this bumblebee. I enjoyed watching it buzz around, collecting nectar.
- We finally made it out to the zoo to see our new elephants. They came all the way from Africa to the US. There were some angry people thinking that it was horrible we were bringing elephants from their natural habitat to a zoo, and making them travel for such a long distance was crazy! In Africa there are being killed by poachers. They also were lacking on food and water. Our zoo upped their weight a lot! They weren't shown off for a month.
In June their African Habitat will open up. That land is huge! Just new elephant families will be in the smaller space they are in now. That way the babies can be with their mama's.
- We took the Skyfari. Until the African Habitat is completed we won't take that again. Usually you have a choice to go one way, and walk the other. Right now since it's under construction there is no choice. We literally did not see a single animal. Only construction! It was still a fun ride - except Isaak kept freaking out that his shoes were going to fall off.
- I've been thinking about Prince. I sure do love the music that he left behind. Somewhere is a vault of music that he never put out to the public because he didn't like the way the music industry was going. I know the likelihood of him being on something caused his death is very high, but I was hoping that wasn't the case. Anyhow it's sad that a lot of artists go down a path of drugs. He's been on my mind. I've been listening to him more than usual.
Since we were early the boys were wound up! They were playing with a girl. I had to get after them all, "Stop hitting each other with your towels!" and "This is not a gym. Stop running around." It was pretty funny when they decided that their towels were super hero capes. I can no longer get to swimming lessons this early!