- Classes started back up this week. My students and my kids had a snow day. They called it the day before it snowed.
Some were like, "It's great schools called it. Those kids shouldn't be walking to their bus stops with ice and snow on the ground."
Others said, "There's no sign of snow yet, and they already called it?"
It ended up icy, but barely snowing.
What it looked like this morning. It snowed afterwards, but not a lot.
I had a mix of thoughts. It is hard as a teacher to change my syllabus. It's like planning everything all over again. At Mica's school they were to have a Science Fair. They are still having it, but parents won't be invited to view everything. I was looking forward to that.
- My Mom was all worried that I went in to work. Again there wasn't a lot of snow! I don't live that far from a main street, and I don't have a big hill to go up or down. She hates the snow, but also hates the summer heat. I thought, Geez my mom is talking to me like I'm 16. I think I know how to drive in the snow at 41 years old!
- Did anyone watch the Tonya Harding special? What were your thoughts on it? Do you believe her? Do you think there's more lies that she's hiding? Travis doesn't believe her. I have more empathy with the abuse she's gone through. I don't know how or why she'd lie about more.
- I never got a full blown cold. I just got a bit stuffy, but man I've been tired!
- I sinned and bought some Keebler cookies. I caved from Mica's begging. They went untouched until their day off. I found out the boys ate all the cookies, except for 2. I That's 16 cookies they ate. If they split them than 8 cookies each!