- We got our $5,000 medical bill a month ago for Mica's hernia that was fixed. That's with insurance. We called to see if we could get that bill to go down. With all my nose surgery stuff (another $5,000), the tumor on my forehead that came off it's just too much (another $1,000). In order to get medical help they had us file for medicaid. They need to see that we're denied before they can help us. What a crazy process! Fingers crossed that bill gets sliced down!
- Because of crappy medical bills I'm always terrified to go to the doctor. I'm due to see the ENT, due to see the Allergist, and due to see my woman doctor.
- I so wish we'd go back to the Little House on the Prairie days where they exchanged chicken eggs for medical care.
- I had a testing session for a "freelance" job. They tested me over Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel. I was so nervous because I've never been a good test taker. On top of that I've used Excel before, but I didn't realize how extensive the program really is! Lots of formulas! Well I now get a little more what Excel is like.
All the creative programs I was tested over were multiple choice. I just do things, and don't pay close enough attention to what palettes are called.
Most of my studying went into Excel, which I hardly use.
I found out I did above average on the testing. In the interview I asked how much Excel is used, and they said they never use it. Crazy! They seemed to really like me. Apparently I'm too creative for that job. Their words not mine. BUT they have an opening for something they see me doing in a month. I'm ok with waiting. That would get me closer to the end of the school year. They have great pay, and benefits, which we so need! Health insurance for independent workers, or small works that can't afford health insurance for their employees is becoming non existent.
I had another interview with someone that wants to work with me. She does patterns for allergy/asthma safe bedding. She wants a freelancer that would work for her full time after some time. Hopes to a new chapter with work.
- I posted some design/illustration images on instagram. A curator wanted me to post to their website a piece or two. They then post it to their instagram page. I would get exposer, and get to say that happened on my resume. After I posted the images to them, they emailed me to have me submit some work to possibly entered into their magazine. YAY!