Recently Ripley's Believe It or Not! introduced two new beginner reader books to the market. My kids are past the age for these books, but they are still fun to look at. They are best for ages 3 to about 6. These books are a quick read.
I like Ripley's Believe It or Not! is adding this new line of books.
Both books use the illustrations of Ripley cartoonist John Graziano. They are written by Carrie Bolin and Jessica Firpi.
About Both Books:
- They should be in the stores now. The release date was April 10, and on sale May 1
- There are 40 pages in each book
- They are 8.2"x11.3", almost the size of typical printer paper, which is 8.5"x11"
- Text is simple, easy to read, and there's a good amount of contrast from the pages to the text. That's what I found difficult when my kids were little - some text is hard to read at night because there's little to no contrast from the text to the background. These books are easy to read! Part of me wished that there wasn't a band on the Sharkee and the Teddy Bear book, and they would have just bled the background to put type over.
About the Book:
- If you are looking to buy it the ISBN: 978-1-60991-208-6
- Cute images.
- It's about a shark that loses his teddy bear. A fish tries to help Sharkee find his teddy bear, but it's a challenge because they are not that helpful.
About the Book:
- If you are looking to buy it the ISBN: 978-1-60991-209-3
- Cute images
- This book is about a fish that is worried to go to a party because it feels like it will become a blowfish, and won't fit in. When he finally gets up the courage to go in he realizes that all the fish are blowfish. They can all have a good time.
These books do have fun messages and illustrations.
Disclaimer: I received two board books from Ripley's Believe It or Not! to assist with this review. I wrote this post, and was not influenced at all with an opinion. I only review things that I find interesting, or that would benefit my readers or family.