Just a couple facts about Flax Seed:
- Flax is a pretty blue flowered plant that grows on the plains of North Central United States and Central Canada.
- Oil and fiber components of flaxseed have major health benefits. It has both Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. Most American's lack these healthy fats in their daily diet.
- It reduces coronary heart disease.
- It is a great source of fiber.
- Other nutrients include: proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, folate, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, magnesium, potassium, iron, thiamine, copper, zinc, calcium and phosphorus.
- Your body gets more nutrients if you grind the flaxseed before use. A coffee grinder works great!
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a small pan, melt the oil and chocolate over medium heat, stirring occasionally. *Note flax seed is better for you if you grind it down. I do not have a coffee grinder, but plan on getting one soon for this purpose.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to blend.
- Spray a 9" square pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
It will look like this before it goes in the oven.
Note that you can see some specks. That is the flax seed. It is better for you if you have a coffee grinder that can break it down before use.
The end result.
Mica, my 5 year old helped himself. He cut one out of the center of the pan. ;)
He loved his treat!
The opinions on this post are my personal take on the products. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.
I am not compensated to provide my opinion except for receiving the products themselves to test out.
If you have questions about this post please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org