I called Isaak's doctor office because I know they are open on Saturdays. Usually I wouldn't call for stomach issues. Cousins Evan and Elijah both had strep throat and had to miss Thanksgiving all together. Emerson's port came out of his vein, so he had to have surgery once again to put in a different kind. Then he spiked a fever and was admitted to the hospital for a few days. Isaak was around Evan and Elijah when they had strep. I figured if the culture came back negative; I wouldn't mess with going to Urgent Care myself. Luckily his culture came back negative.
The boy's doctor's office is a ways away. There's no way I'd switch doctors. Dr. Harrison has won awards on being the best pediatrician in our area for a few years now. That pretty much took all morning. Did I mention that they are great and have Saturday appointments?
Isaak fell asleep on my bed 30 minutes before we had to leave to go to the doctor. I hated waking him up!
We got home and cuddled all afternoon. We both slept a lot.
Poor Mica didn't get a whole lot of attention. He was grumpy because of that.
- Isaak hit the toilet each time he vomited. I was really proud of him for that!
- I loved that Isaak and I got to cuddle much of the day. Since we're both sick, I figured why not?
- Isaak's now feeling better. He's his chatty self again.
- I haven't thrown up like Isaak did.
- Being sick stopped me in my tracks. I really didn't do anything all day long.
- I hope Daddy and Mica don't get it.
- I still am achy, have no appetite and have a fever. No recovery for me yet.
- It seems like someone in this house gets sick during Thanksgiving time.