- I wish that they boy's school would give us a back to school shopping list sooner. We finally got one the tail end of last week. It's nice to have it earlier though. I'm a planner.
The boys don't need backpacks, or lunch boxes. Mica does however need a new thermos. He somehow dropped his straw, while at camp. I like the traditional thermos because they don't leak. Both boys will need pencils, erasers, and that kind of stuff to. I made the mistake of buying supplies early last year, and missed the mark on many of the things. I'll patiently wait.
- This year Mica will get a teacher that is brand spanking newish to the system. Both 3rd grade teachers started last year. I know they have to start sometime.
Unfortunately I know one didn't handle one of our friend's son's very well last year. He's on the spectrum. I struggled in school, and I hate seeing kids that also struggle in any way be treated poorly. I know Mica will do fine with who ever he gets. It's just that I want him to have a good role model. There is no requesting teachers in this day and age. Even if I could request his teacher, it would be more for me. Like I said Mica will do fine with whoever he gets.
*Update he got the other teacher. The one I preferred. YAY!
- Isaak's into saying, "For real!" He uses it in his dialog all the time. He doesn't say, "For pretend!" though.
- I like Pinterest, but it's been pissing me off lately! I've been trying to pin, and it isn't happening. Take for instance this post: DIY Sugar Lip Scrubs. I try and pin it and get this:
- I'm not a girl that cusses much. When I do Mica says, "Don't say, 'heck' Mom! You're going to turn into Grandpa if you do." For the record Grandpa used to be a whole lot worse then he is now. I have a cursing policeman at my house.
Have you done any back to school shopping? (If you have kids that age.)
No images to choose from. After 2 weeks of not being able to pin a darn thing, I thought, wow I probably need to clear my history. That fixed it for a day. Now I'm back to not being able to pin anything without a pin button.