- We got a dumpster last week. With my husband being a sculptor he has acquired some junk over the years that he thought he'd use, but hasn't. We did some work on our stairs, and needed to get rid of some paneling. The shed was full of stuff when we moved into our house, so a lot of that had to be removed. Lastly I threw away random stuff like store hangers, cheap toys that the boys didn't want, and 2 car seats. Mica's officially out of a car seat.
- 2 random strangers were spotted in our private dumpster. Isaak came running down to my car to meet me, "Mom 2 strange boys were in our junk yard. They must have come into our house to take Mica's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. He wouldn't throw that away. Those men were playing with it."
I had to get the whole story from Dad. Travis said there were two grown men playing with McDonald Happy Meal toys in our dumpster. He felt odd telling them to leave; only because he thought there might be an altercation. Thankfully there wasn't.
- One of the students that is here taking a summer class (I'm not the teacher) wears a man bun. He has really curly, unruly hair. I get why he'd want it up. Do you love them, or hate them? I don't really care one way, or another. It just struck me as something that stood out. Hey if it's comfortable, why not? To me hair is just an extension to one's self. It doesn't make up who a person is. Many moons ago I went out with someone that went to an all boys school. He and his friends tried so hard to push the "no long hair rule". The rule seemed silly to me. It really doesn't matter to me what someone's hair looks like. On the flip side if someone is going to go to a school with rules that they previously knew about they better abide by them.
- The speech teacher keeps wanting me to sit in on speeches that the student mentioned above is giving. We don't have a typical classroom setting in the summer. It's understandable. At the same time I forget. In the summer I'm not on a schedule per say. I come in and work on a project all day long. I forget when lunch happens, and when it's 5 I don't stir until it's 5:05. I hear others move around, and I'm like, "Oh it's time to leave."
- There are mulberries growing behind the school I took the boys there to pick berries last weekend. I made the mistake of not explaining to the boys how bad the berries stain. Isaak sat down in the grass right by the berries. He had a dark purple butt. Then when I was on the ladder Isaak decided it would be funny to start pitching berries at Mica. It was a mess! For the record soaking clothing in vinegar for a few hours, and washing them with another cup of vinegar gets most of the berry stain out.
My boss came over and started picking berries with us. I said, "Boys we're going to watch Saving Mr. Banks later today." Mica said, "That's PG13. We can't see that." I said, "It will be fine. You've seen other PG13 movies. I wouldn't let you watch a movie that's bad for you." He said, "It might be sexually explicit!" Talk about embarrassing around the boss man! That boy reads way too much! He said to me yesterday that Robin Williams was murdered. He read the tabloid in the line at the grocery store.