- Our car was in the shop getting an oil change. I wrote on the drop off form to check the breaks. There was a squeak whenever I stopped. They checked them, and it needed back breaks because they were paper thin. Travis gave the ok | thumbs up for them to put on new back breaks. Travis is a pretty serious guy. If he ever jokes around it's because I came into his life. Ha! I know how to mess with him. I paid for the car. He came home with our other vehicle.
I said to Travis, "I can't believe you'd pay that kind of money at that shop!" *Really it wasn't all that much. He said defensively, "But we needed new breaks. They were paper thin." I said, "That's what they said. Did you think to check them out at another shop?" He said, "Alissa they weren't that much." I said, "Got ya!" I got him for sure. Yes I'm a punk like that.
- We went to see my parents during Mother's Day. Mica said, "Grandma you look really pretty in that color!" It sounded like a compliment.
He then said, "When you die we should put that color of dress on you. Then we should find an amethyst necklace to put on you."
Instead of me closing the conversation I said, "Mica she doesn't like to wear dresses. She can't wear her special shoes with a dress." - She had Polio.
My Mom said, "They don't bury people with shoes on."
I asked, "Well...how will you walk through the pearly gate then? I guess you won't be doing that."
We were all laughing.
- We have an ant problem. I've been trying to keep the counter clean. It's just hard working full-time, and always making our own food. I've been wiping it down with vinegar, which ants are supposed to hate vinegar. Then I put Boric Acid with syrup around on bottle lids. What do you do for pesky ants?
- Isaak said, "Mom when I grow up I want to be a movie maker, a movie actor, and a hair stylist. I also want to have a family. How will I ever have time for all that?" I responded to, "Welcome to my world son." What did you want to be when you grew up?
- I was at Michaels with Isaak. They had all these classic books right by their cash register. I said, "Isaak why don't we get these to celebrate your class birthday." He picked out 12 Secret Garden books, and 11 Tom Sawyer | Huckleberry Finn books for his class.