I mentioned that we got to watch parachuters jump out of jets, listened to speakers, had a picnic...
What I didn't mention is that we had one of Isaak's friends with us.
As soon as we got to the park Isaak's friend said,
- "I'm thirsty...I'm hungry!" We popped a blanket on the ground, and I got out water for everyone.
- Then it was, "When is this going to start?"
- Then it was, "I had $20, and my Dad spent it on beer. I could have bought video games with that money." Who knows who's money the $20 actually belonged to.
- As we stood up for an American song the kid said, "When can I sit down?"
- I handed him a snack, "I hate this! Do I have to eat this?" At first Travis said, "Yes you have to eat that. You're hungry." After his friend repeated the question 5 times, and we had the same answer 5 times I said, "You know what no you don't have to eat that!" I looked at Travis and said, "He's not going to spoil my time. His hands have sticky stuff all over them because he won't eat what he has. I'm not disciplining someone else's kid. He can go hungry."
- Then is was, "When is this going to be over?" I leaned over to Travis and said, "Take the boys to the playground. Mica and I will be there when this is over." I have to admit that the speeches were a little boring. I was more interested in the parachuters. It was, "Thank this person, and thank that person." for an hour.
- When it was time to eat lunch he didn't like PBJ. What kid doesn't like PBJ? This one apparently. I checked to make sure he didn't have any food allergies prior to the event. We had apples and carrots to.
- He didn't want to play frisbee, ball, or on the playground because he wanted to go home to play Minecraft.
I was thankful because my kids aren't like that.
Mica turned to me and said, "Isaak's friend is spoiled! He gets to eat whatever he wants, which is lots of sugar. He gets to play Minecraft whenever he wants. It's turned him into a brat Mom."
I said, "Mica remember this situation when I tell you to get off your Kindle to do other things."
Mica said, "Thanks for making us do other things, and eat different things.
Later Isaak said, "My friend is picky with food, and all he ever wants to play is Minecraft."
I was so thankful that the boys get it!
I was thankful that Travis is the Dad that plays with them. I was thankful that I do things with them.
Then I got on Facebook and saw that my nephew Emerson that they didn't think could ever walk walked 1.25 miles by himself with a little prompting with direction! I was thankful for that!
What were you thankful for this week?