- Travis and I are majorly hooked on a series called Orphan Black. I get it for free because I'm a Prime Member. It's a BBC America show. It's won quite a few awards, and is rated highly on Amazon.
The star of the show plays a number of characters because she's a clone. There are bad characters, good characters, and characters that flip from good to bad. The main character Sarah doesn't know who to trust. Being a clone takes its toll on their sanity. It has good writing, superb acting, and awesome videography.
- One thing they could watch with us is Flipped. It's a feel good movie. If you like the show The Wonder Years, the movie Stand By Me, or Sandlot you'll like this flick. I've never heard of it, but looked up movies similar to Stand By Me, and saw this one. It's rated most of the stars. It has Aiden Quinn and a few other actors in it that you'd recognize.
- Things continue to go well in the classroom. There's one person that's fairly negative in my first year class. Do you have anyone negative in your life? If so how do you cope with them? They have gender identity problems. I imagine that would be tough to go through. When I ask him questions every answer is a negative one. He hardly wants to work on the project assigned. Anime drawing will only get this younger generation so far. They have to know other things.
I'm the type of teacher that makes them learn the rules, then learn when it's ok to break the rules. I'm up front about this! If one learns how to play the piano, they won't learn Mozart right away. They'd learn the scales, and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. I'm not starting them out with something super simple, but they have to have good craft, color schemes picked, and good reference to begin with. It wasn't until now that I've moved into breaking the rules. We're working with Ebony Pencil, Crystal Clear spray, and oil washes. Coming up is an assignment where they paint a background, add packaging tape, paint a middle ground, add packaging tape, paint a foreground, add packaging tape, and paint details. They don't have to wait for their paint to dry for that technique.
- Mica got voted into the student council again. Isaak's beginning to feel like he's getting shafted. Mica's also doing safety patrol, he's in band, he got a special science award last year, and the year before he got a special writing award. Isaak's smart and gifted too. I keep telling him that his time will come for other things.
- Mica keeps singing this song, which gets in my head big time! I start singing, "This song's not worth it..."
Is there anything randomly interesting in your life?
Sounds like there is a lot going on. Life is pretty crazy here too. My youngest has a new friend who lives a few doors down. Today he is home sick with a headache and fever. We are supposed to go to the ice cream social this evening, but I have a sick kid, so I probably won't go. Child number 4 has a football game on Sunday. I can't stand it that they have a game on Sunday. Usually we go to mass on Sundays, but this weekend we have to go Saturday afternoon. So that is what is going on around here.
Have a fantastic weekend!
Sounds like Mica is doing exceptionally well!
We do a workout to Work in my hip hop class and it really does get stuck in your head.
I don't deal with negative people. I cut them out completely. I don't have the time or patience to deal with that kind of attitude. I don't speak to any of my siblings like ever because they are so negative and big downers to be around.
I've never heard of Orphan Black, but it sounds like a good show.
I just watch the Chicago shows (fire, med and pd) and then the SVU shows... Other than that, nothing.
Sounds like your boys are busy... remind Isaak his time will be here soon!
Post a Comment