I love the all new Ripley's Believe it or Not! Unlock the Weird! book!
On Amazon it Comes in:
- Hardcover $14.97
- Paperback $3.00
- Kindle $6.99
They sent me a hardcover to review. If I had a choice the hardcover version is the one I would have picked. To me this is like a coffee table book. It's a book I like having out to see.
What I love about any Ripley's Believe it or Not! books is that they really are for any age, and both sexes. In our house it happens to be Mica that gets drawn to these type of books. He's 11, but has been into these books for a few years now. The book is great for kids that really don't like to read. It has plenty of pictures, odd stories, and I too enjoy them. The museums are fun as well.
What Does This Book Include:
There's a wide range of tops in the book.
- Believe It!
- Pop Culture
- Beyond Belief
- Read about one man’s attempt to take a break from reality, spending three days climbing the Swiss Alps on all fours as a goat!
- Soar on jetpacks above the deserts of Dubai with breathtaking aerial imagery.
- Meet Birdman Ted Richards who had his ears removed and his face and eyeballs tattooed to look like his pet parrots!
- Savor the flavor of sheep dung spitting, an Irish event that is just as unappetizing as it sounds!
- See double with Twin Strangers’s Niamh Geaney, who has found multiple doppelgängers that look exactly like her!
I always love making funky faces, so this was fun to look at!
Of course since I'm into art this section was fun as well. The chameleon are 2 people. Do you see it?
I also have a lot of people in my family that are nurses, and 1 pharmacist. Naturally I don't get grossed out by anything too out of the norm. Seeing a skull transplant is interesting.
Fact about me: Did you know I have a cousin that had the bones in her skull that overlapped? I do. She had to get the bones in her skull cut to make room for a soft spot.
Fact in the book: On June 4, 2015, a 55 year old was all smiles after the doctors successfully completed the world's first partial skull and scalp transplant. He had suffered head wonds after cancer treatment, and waited 18 months for a donor. It was a 15 hour operation.
The circus life is interesting. I always enjoyed circus acts, but never cared for animals in circuses. These clowns do all kinds of tricks.
I'm really into saving bees. Isaak's a natural bee charmer. If it were up to us we'd raise bees. I think the city wouldn't approve. In the book there is over 700 man-made beehives that hang 4,000 feet above sea level on the side of a mountain in China's Shennongjia Nature Reserve! We need some of these in the US!
To get to each hive beekeepers have to climb on top of each box to reach the next one.
- Imprint: Ripley Publishing
- Publication Date: Sept. 6, 2016
- ISBN Number: 978-1-60991-165-2
- Pages: 256
- Trim Size: 9 x 11 ¾ inches
- Overall Cost: US $28.95 Canada $34.95
- Twists Fun Facts & Silly Stories
- Curioddities Activity Books
- Other Titles
I totally love their books! I want to unlock Ripley's World of the Weird!
Disclaimer: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I only review things that I believe in.
We got this for review, but I haven't looked at it yet. Broxton has it in the car and keeps looking through it right now.
Allison loves these kinds of books. I'll have to see if this one is available at our local library the next time we pop in over there.
Post a Comment