- The kid that Isaak was having trouble with at school is giving other kids grief now. I'm glad it's not just our little boy.
- We went to the school district's main building to check out middle schools. This is the 2nd year we've checked them out. We really like one school, but it's in a crappy part of town. Mica would be bussed too. Some middle schools are going though growing pains. They made 6th grade a part of many middle schools last year, but there was no transition/training for the teachers. I kind of want to pick a middle school for Mica that already had 6th grade in the school prior to last year. I never knew that picking out middle schools would be such a pain.
The school district I went to had 1 middle school and 1 high school. There were no decisions to make.
- Travis chopped his hair (see the photo above). It cracks me up because he has a white spot in the front. It looks like he's bald there. Ha! My hair is very grey, but it's grey all over - evenly. I tell the kids that I have frosted highlights.
- Isaak's been Mr. Forgetful. He forgot his homework a few weeks ago. He left it at school. Yesterday he left his jacket on the bench at recess. It was nowhere to be found. He's so hard on himself about forgetting things that I don't make a big deal out of it. I did tell him that if he takes his coat off be needs to run it in to put in his locker. My kids have never lost anything at school. In my mind that's a pretty good track record.
- My students just did fliers for nonprofit organizations. I was really impressed with all of them except for 3. Their job is to bring awareness to the nonprofit, and to get people to donate to it. In the 3 I didn't understand what the nonprofit was about, so they didn't do their job.