Recently I got Nutra Kids Multivitamin for Isaak to review: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GGGUF7O
About Nutra Kids Multivitamin:
- The best thing in my opinion is that it's sugar free. Many vitamins on the market are full of sugar.
- They are gluten free. Gluten turns into sugar inside your body, so this is a perk as well!
- They are USDA Organic. It's important that companies have gone through the step to be USDA Organic. Anyone can put Organic on a bottle, when it's really not.
- They are vegan. I'm not vegan, but I have a sister that is. If your needs fit with that, it's certainly a perk to some! They are pectin based, and gelatin free.
- They are certified GMP. I had to look up what that means. GMP stands for Good Manufacturing Practice. The importance is that they keep all bottles the same quality, so that they spend just as long on the 200th bottle as they did on the 2nd.
- They are K Parve, which is Kosher.
- Favor: Pineapple, Orange and Strawberry.
- Cost: $12.99, but on sale for $5.99! It is on Prime. There are 60 gummies in a bottle. In the long run it's better for your kids, and cheaper than most multivitamins that you get in the store!
Are Vitamins Necessary?
I've read a lot about if daily vitamins are necessary to take if you eat a balanced diet. I think if they are full of sugar, than they are not worth taking.
Nutra doesn't put crappy ingredients in their products. They certainly do not hurt to take.
I think it's important to have a multivitamin when kids are growing. Vitamins help boost kid's immune systems. It's especially important to boost an immune system if sickness is going around, or if you're like my family that has allergy sufferers. Some kids are picky eaters; vitamins may give them what they may be lacking in their diet. While I do have kids with allergies, I don't have picky eaters thankfully.
Gummies or No Gummies
We're trying to do away with most chewy things. Isaak has a space maintainer in the bottom of his mouth where he was told no chewy things. These are not super chewy like Gummy Bears would be. That's a total perk in my mind. I don't need a piece of vitamin to get caught between Isaak's teeth, or space maintainer. I also don't mind vitamins that can be swallowed or the old school kind that can be chewed, and are not gummy at all. Not all kids can swallow vitamins, so I wouldn't expect a company to make a swallow kind for kids.
I often do my own research when it comes to child development. On most kid vitamin bottles it doesn't say what age it goes to. Recently I was looking at Mica and said, "I think it may be time that you start taking an adult vitamin." He weighs 90 pounds, is almost 12, and is getting super tall. Just to make sure this transition was ok I emailed his pediatrician to ask. Sure enough he thought that it is a perfect time for Mica to make the transition from children's vitamins to adult ones. I did see on one website that when kids start hitting puberty they can switch from children's vitamins to adult ones. He's growing up!
Isaak on the other hand still takes a children's vitamin. Nutra Kids Multivitiamin is great for him!
What about you - What vitamins do you take? As for me I take a daily adult vitamin, Acai Flower to lower my cholesterol, vitamin D only for dark days that never seem to end, and allergy meds right now.
Disclaimer: I received Nutra Kids Multivitamin Gummy in return for writing this post. The store certainly inspired me to write this post. I only review things that I think my family or readers will enjoy, or find useful.