His school takes 20 minutes to get to from our house, which means a good 30 minutes from our work(s).
I explained that he's had many other events that we have gone to, and that we may have to skip some of Isaak's events in the future as well.
It drives me nuts that schools put events right smack in the middle of the day. I know teachers don't want to stay later, but it's hard to leave work at times.
As it turned out Mica got THE MOST AWARDS in the entire sixth grade class! That made me feel even more guilty about not being able to go.
He got not 1, but 10 awards!
- Outstanding achievement in computer applications
- Student of the week
- Outstanding achievement in music (band)
- Metropolitan science and engineering fair participant
- Science academic excellence
- Geography bee contestant
- Renaissance silver 8 social studies academic excellence
- Academic excellence
- Science fair excellence