Happy Birthday son! You are now an official teen. Next Thursday you start 7th grade.
You've surpassed me in hight, you're always hungry, so I know you're going to keep on growing.
I still need to take you out, for a photoshoot.
He needed a new water bottle for school, so I got him one. For some reason water bottles were a problem last year. One got broke twice, and another lost. He also asked for candy, so I filled the water bottle up with Sour Patch Kids - I know he likes them. I told him this morning that when you turn 13, you don't get wrapped gifts. The water bottle was his 1 and only gift. He knew somehow I was messing with him. As the morning wore on I came clean that he had 2 more gifts. He was happy.
Things You Like:
- You're into survival games like Risk, Pandemic, and Catan
- Wipe Out, or any other obstacle course show
- You beg for Little Debbie snack things in the grocery store
- Videos on The Black Hole
- World history - In particular World War II
- Reading anything
- Volunteering at the library
- Music! You seem to be into Led Zeppelin, Bon Jovi, and Michael Jackson lately
- To make faces when I try and photograph you
- If someone pops out at you, you get scared easily
- You swear you don't like the outdoors, but seem to enjoy your outdoor camp
- You dislike your brother coming into your room
- You get annoyed when other people your age don't know classic songs
- Tasks, but they are good for you
- You've been watching Isaak more and more - When we're around you fight, when it's just you two you are friends
- You want to try out for cross-country and possibly get into the drama department at school