- Mica said to me, "Mom I know Sophie likes me." I said, "How do you know?" He said, "She told one of her friends. That same friend told me." He knows he's too young for a girlfriend.
I respect him for confiding in me that he has a crush on a girl he barely knows. She's new this year, in the other class, cute, and the main reason he likes her is because she's smart. She's had a few Principle's Awards and goes to the honor's club with him.
- I could not figure out why my pen kept slipping out of my ear. I went into the bathroom, washed my hands, looked in the mirror, and saw a pencil in my ear, and a pen slipping out of my ear. Apparently 2 writing utensils just wouldn't fit.
- We took the kids to Bounce-U for a fundraiser my niece was a part of. I looked at the floor and turned to my husband to say, "I know the floor is supposed to look like confetti, or something like that. To me it looks like pills. Maybe they are subliminally pushing for parents to give their kids Riddlin."
Hey your kids are hyper, that's why you have them here to bounce off our walls. Sedate them a little - before you bring them to our establishment next time. Of course I'm making all this up, but doesn't their carpet look like pills?
- Isaak must have been going through a growth spurt. He has been ultra clumsy. The boys has bruises all over. He's also been wetting his pants. Not to the point where there's a puddle. Just a wet circle around the area where he pees.
At first I got after him. Then I read about how it's best not to bring attention to it. Bringing attention to it may make the problem worse. Boys in particular sometimes miss the cue of needing to go. It's true when I see the wet circle Isaak acts as though he didn't know it was there. I've noticed a pattern whenever he grows a lot he eats a lot the week before, is clumsy, and either has wet accidents at night, or the starting of an accident in his pants. Luckily he has had no pee accidents at night this time. I've dropped the issue, and just tell him to go more often. Luckily I haven't noticed him coming home from school that way.
- I thought this was really cool. A designer designed shoes that can grow 5 sizes for underdeveloped countries. I think these shoes should spread to everywhere. Although I think my boys would wear them out before the 5 different sizes have hit.