I also use pill cutters in the kitchen for decorating sugar cookies. I cut many candies in 1/2 with a pill cutter to decorate my cookies. It's how I made the snowmen's noses.
I got a minimal effort pill cutter from Sabi. It's $9.99. I have to say that it works really well. I don't know that I'll use it a ton. It's best for longer, oblong pills.
This shape of pill works best in the cutter:
As you can see it cut a pretty clean cut:
There's a few crumbs, but it did fairly well. It cuts pills in half and in quarters.
Some Features Include:
- The pill cutter is light weight 1.2 oz.
- It doesn't take up a whole lot of room H: 2 inches x W: 2.2 inches x D: 2.2 inches.
- It's ultra-safe. It doesn't have any cutting metal. It's made from a durable plastic poly (PCTA) blade. It's BPA free to!
- It has a slip-preventing rubber base. This feature I love!
- It has a raised area, which catches any crumbs that may occur when cutting.
- Cutting to make half a dose.
- Cutting bigger pills to make them easier to swallow.
- Weaning yourself off pills. Cutting them in half to take for a few weeks, then in a Quarter a few weeks after that, and so on.
- Cut down candy for cookies like I do.
If you are interested in learning more about CHOP, or the Sabi company you can visit:
Disclaimer: The opinions on the post are my personal take on the product. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review. I did get products to help with the review.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.