- It finally snowed here. 3 to 5 inches to be exact. All the schools were closed for a day. People were complaining about the snow. They were saying, "Bring on spring." We actually need more snow! We've had our fair share of cold days, but not as much snow has come down as usual. I don't want the farmers to suffer. Then food prices will go up.
- I know many people say that men are less moody than women. I'm sorry I just don't buy it. There is an apartment of four males that go to school here. They had a falling out with one. The one was crying he was so upset. Then they had a falling out with another. There was a rumor that that one was dropping out. He took all his stuff, and didn't come to school for a week. He came back to school, and was upset that there was a rumor going on about him not returning. This isn't the first time we've had issues with boys/men.
- Usually I do try and get reviews up as soon as possible. It is harder in the winter time because it's dark when I wake up, and it's dark when I get home. I try and write reviews over the weekend because I can take better pictures; making for a better review. Not that I always put products through a major test, but part of reviewing something is using it, washing it, and putting it through the test of life to figure out if it's a good product, or not. I don't want to review something that I haven't had the time to use.
- I read a really great article about the brain. You can read it here. It was brought on by Phillip Seymour Hoffman's passing. It wasn't about him, it is about addiction, and how the brain works with addiction. I've never understood addiction so well! This article truly made me get it.
- Did you have strong emotions regarding the Coke commercial during the Super Bowl? I watched it, and didn't think anything of it. To me it was just different languages forming together to love Coke and America. In other countries they typically speak 3 languages. Many of us don't know other languages other than English. When you think about it many, not all, but many of us have relatives from Germany, Sweden, Poland and so on. We're a mixture of all different places. I happen to like that we're a mix. One of my favorite artists Robert Rauschenberg said in a video that I have that we have to start thinking globally. I think he's right. As much as I failed at learning Spanish, it's still important to broaden our minds. We're not alone here on this earth. Coke did their job...people are talking about their commercial. As for the song, it was written by a feminist lesbian. I want to hear your thoughts, and I'm not going to judge you for disagreeing with me. It's the land of the free supposedly. Be free to share your opinions.
We had an issue with an apartment of girls to. They worked thing out on their own. One girl moved out, another one moved in, and they all still talk. Am I saying that girls are not moody? No. I'm just saying that it totally depends on the person, not their sex.
Last week I was upset about something. My husband said, "Get over it!" I was a little put off by his reply, but I did just that. I got over it. The next day he was upset with something that was not in his control. I said, "Get over it." He said, "You sound just like your Mother." Funny...I thought I sounds just like him. He lost sleep over this issue that was not in his control. It's just another example of how boys can be moody.
Why is there a misconception that girls/women are more moody than boys/men?
What are your thoughts on this?
She brings up some good points!