- I burnt the bottom of a pan this week - yuck! I could not scrub the burnt stuff off. I said to Daddy, "I bet vinegar will clean it, but I'm going to look on the internet first. Sure enough vinegar played a part. Cover the bottom of the pan with water, add just as much vinegar as water, and boil. Remove the pan from the heat, and over the sink add 2 Tablespoons of Baking Soda. It will fizz! Use a scouring pad, clean that burnt crap out. If it's really suborn make a paste with Baking Soda and scrub some more.
- I don't use cleaners anymore. Well hardly anyhow. What do I use to clean with? Orange, lemon, lime, or clementine peelings steeped in vinegar for a few weeks.
- We keep an ongoing compost pile. Our winter load is 3/4 of a huge trash can. I'm ready for it to warm up, so I can dump it. I've thought about indoor composting for the winter time, but I'll have to look into it more. It seems to me that it would take up some room that we don't have.
- A new store in San Fransisco opened up where they are selling seeds by the register instead of gum. How cool would that be? I'd love if some stores would rethink what they put up at the checkout.
Source: Read the full article here.
- Our diet is going good. I've lost 8 pounds (I'm writing this Monday, so I may have lost more). Daddy thought we would have lost more weight, but I've read it's better to loose slowly than to loose fast. You're more apt to put weight back on if you loose fast. My stomach has been feeling better with a limited diet. We've exercised every morning for 1/2 an hour. Then at lunch time if I'm not doing errands I fast walk around the building. Slowly we'll add foods back in. So far berries, apples, and beans have been added back into our diet. What I really want to stay off of as much as possible is sugar and milk products. Our boys still consume those things though. They to are getting more greens though.
Some great things about composting: We go through less trash, our trash doesn't stink as fast, it's great for the soil, and the garden.
Do you keep a compost pile?