Abundant Living presents the perfect kit for beginner or master gardeners living in urban or suburban areas. This set includes 37 varieties of organic, non-hybrid, non-GMO, open-pollinated seeds strategically chosen to be planted in Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring gardens.
The kit includes 1 year of seeds for:
- Arugula - Great in salads!
- Lettuce - Also great in salads!
- Beets - I like them best in smoothies. Travis likes them cooked.
- Broccoli - I like them best steamed. Mica and Isaak like the hard part cut off their steams, and cut up like carrots.
- Cabbage - I like cabbage best roasted with olive oil, garlic power, salt and pepper. Isaak and Mica like it fresh with nothing done to it.
- Cauliflower - I like it best roasted with olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, and crushed red pepper.
- Celery - Goes in the boy's lunch almost every time.
- Cucumber - Is great in salads, plain, juiced, or in smoothies. I think we'll attempt to can pickles next summer!
- Kale - Steamed for breakfast!
- Kohlrabi - I've never had it, but it's related to the cabbage. I'm sure we'll love it!
- Mustard - Homemade mustard = Yumminess!
- Parsley - As an additive in a lot of things.
- Sweet Peppers - Cooked, or raw in a salad.
- Radish - In a salad.
- Spinach - In smoothies, salads, or lasagna.
- Squash - Did anyone say Spaghetti Squash Pie?
- Swiss Chard - Steamed with a squirt of lemon juice, a sprinkle of pepper, and Himalayan salt.
- Tomatoes - So many ways to eat those!
Besides veggies, most years we plant potatoes:
In the fall we'll use this kit to plant all we can. Squash, cauliflower, and broccoli I know all love to be planted in the fall. The rest will have to wait for next spring.
It also includes a Diatomaceous Earth with Calcium Bentonite, a natural pest control powder that won't harm any children or pets who may get into it. This stuff leaked in my box, and got all over things. I still have some left.
The kit also includes cover crop seed for naturally building up soil fertility AND a mix of seeds to grow plants which specifically draw good insects to pollinate your garden and eat the bad bugs!
As an added bonus, there is a hard copy of the book, Beyond Organic Gardening, which will help with everything from planning your garden to preserving your harvest.
The items in the kit have a retail value of over $99.99, but they are offering it on Amazon.com for a limited time for just $39.99.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.