- A crazy lady wondered what it would be like to pet a tiger. She broke into our zoo not during hours of operation. I don't know how she did this. They have security guards there around the clock. She got to the tiger cage, climbed a fence to touch the wild cat. It bit her hand very badly. She'll have to get a few surgeries on her hand. She got out of the zoo. A friend took her to the hospital. She was was intoxicated, or drugged up with something. The moral of the story is...don't stick your hand in a wild animal cage!
- I've been brainstorming about what to give the kid's teachers this year for holiday gifts. Last year I gave out June Berry Jam, pencils with their names on them, and hot coco packets. I still have jam. This is Isaak's teachers last year. I don't think pencils with her name on them is fitting if she's not going to be teaching any more after this year. What have you given as a gift to teachers in the past? Should I just give jam and a gift card to some place?
- My youngest nephew Edison is such a Momma's boy. My sister out of desperation messaged me, "Edison will not lay down for a nap. I'm so sick I need a nap so bad. Emerson needs attention to. What do I do?" I said, "Lay him down. Tell him you love him, and that it's time to go to sleep. Then leave for 15 minutes. Go back in, don't look at him, just lay him back down, and leave. Keep doing that. As long as he's not hungry, or tired he should be fine." It's funny how you can be a parent, and all your kids are different.
- The girl that Mica's liked for 1 1/2 school years he no longer has a crush on. I think his reasoning is so funny. Mica likes people based on how hard they try in school. I've never known someone his age to be like that. I'm going to call her S. S showed up to the Lemur Study Group, and didn't participate in studying at all. She drew pictures, while everyone else studied. When they had the quiz at the zoo she had a book in her hands at all times. Really the teachers should have taken the book away. Mica also doesn't care for people that do not follow the rules. S showed up to school with a cell phone, and didn't put it in the teacher's basket. Instead she took it outside for recess to snap photos. Mica was not impressed. That's the end of that.
- I had an odd thing happen yesterday when I went to the store. I got there, and someone was looking at me off and on. She kept walking around, but didn't put anything in her basket. Finally she came up to me to say, "I have a question to ask you. Is your name Renee?" Most normally that wouldn't be so odd. I mean we run into people that look like other people all the time. Renee is my Mom's Cousin that just died. The same person whom we went to clear out her apartment. It just threw me. I politely said, "Nope I'm not Renee." She said, "I haven't seen her in years, and you look just like her." I said, "That's ok. Have a great day."
Somebody put the message below on the News' Facebook page. I was cracking up.