- I'm having trouble getting into the Christmas buying spirit. I think it's because it's been so warm. I'll have to look in the closet to see what I have already. I tend to buy year round. I know I have some bigger gifts, and smaller ones to. I did buy Santa paper. Our Santa paper has Santa on it.
I bought Isaak this gold fingernail trimmer for his stocking. It's the little things you know. He loves gold. Mica will have one that says, "Smarty Pants" on it. Smarty is his nickname from Grandpa, so it works for him.
- I did muster up enough Christmas spirit to make my own wrapping paper. Except for Santa paper. Santa paper comes with Santa on it. I'm pretty sure the boys have never picked up on this; they've never mentioned any about it. Back to me making my own paper: There are these Star Wars snowfake templates that you can download for free here. Since we mainly have boys in our family I made a bunch of them, scanned them, and colored them in Photoshop. I repeated them as a pattern.
- Travis was looking for his pants. Like 4 pairs. He was getting irritated, and blaming me for his pants being awol, since I do the laundry. Of course this was on a morning where we were running late. Finally it dawned on me that I gave one of the boys a stack of his pants to hand to him to put away. Isaak swore he gave him the stack. Isaak handed him a stack of boxers. It was Mica that was told to hand Travis his stack of pants. Mica put them in his locker with his own pants. How he had room is beyond me. I'm just glad he found them.
- Travis likes to sleep like this:
No I'm not the most pleasant person to sleep with. I have been known to grind my teeth, snore, and talk, but I've been better since I've gotten a mouth guard. He's slept this way since he was in middle school.
His roommate (one of our good friends) sleeps this way to. He says it's like sleeping in your own personal tent. I have to wash 2 pillowcases instead of 1 when I do laundry.
- Me: "Mica put your pants in the hamper they are dirty." Me the next day: "Mica why do you have your dirty pants on?" Mica: "I didn't know they were dirty."
Me: "Isaak: why are all these pants in your hamper?" Isaak, "Because I didn't want to put them in my drawer."
This happens all the time!
It's a little hard to see because the images are on such a big sheet of paper. Here they are:
There's a bunch of different Star Wars snowflakes. I repeated them to make wrapping paper, and printed them on 11x17 paper. I added gift tags that say, "May the force be with you this Christmas!" Each pattern is a different color to match the kid in our families favorite color.