This one comes in a box and has a fabric roll to store them in.
Why Oil Colored Pencils?
There are many different ways to use these. I'll go through some of the ways I plan on using them:
- Just like traditional colored pencils. They go on easily.
- Just like traditional colored pencils, but paint on turpentine, or mineral spirits on top. I use Gamsol because it's odorless and allergy safe. That takes your colors and pushes them down into the pores of the paper. You will not see the white of the paper through the colors.
- Paint turpentine, mineral spirits, or Gamsol on top of your paper or illustration board and draw the colored pencil into it. This gives your image more of a painterly look.
- Create oil paint washes, with oil paint + turpentine, mineral spirits, or Gamsol then color with the colored pencils to pick up details.
48 Exclusive Assorted Color:
You can vary the color of the pencil to achieve different effects. The high contrast of complementary colors creates a vibrant look, but using gradient color will make a soothing atmosphere of the drawing.
Mica helped me put them in color order: White | Creams | Yellows | Oranges | Reds | Purples | Blues | Browns | Golds | Silvers | Greys | Blacks
Practicability in Use:
- Ideal for Secret Garden Adult Coloring Books
- Artist Sketch Scrapbooking & Sketching
- Great pencils to sketch, draw, doodle, write and get creative in a fun and skilled way
- Wonderful for demos in the classroom
- Can be used for crafts
- Can be used in a mixed media fashion
This is a transfer technique. I did this on the computer, printed it on a laser jet printer. I painted turpentine on a paper, and put the image face down on it. It transferred the ink to the paper. I hit up spots with the colored pencils for details.
With stream-lined design of pencil holder and super fine tip ensure smooth and comfortable writing and drawing, which easily put the color on the paper. The strong tip prevents from breaking, ensuring a longer life for your pencil. Perk: They come sharpened. The carry fabric prevents the pencils from banging up against each other, which causes breaking on the insides of the pencils.
Easy and Convenient to Carry-on:
The pencil wrap gives as a present (random color and pattern), which help your color pens are always in organized order, never mess with other stuff in your bag. And each pencil can be stored in its own individual insert. How each pencil is separated is a great thing!
Did you know that if pencils are in a pencil bag, or box they bang up against each other, and can break the lead or color inside?
I found this out when I had a set of colored pencils a long time ago that kept breaking every time I sharpened them. With this fabric roll that won't happen.
Design wise the fabric roll looks cool! It's easy to carry around.
All rolled up and places to go!
The backside of the roll all rolled out.
- Non-toxic oil colored pencils
- Made using wood from sustainable forests.
Cost on Amazon:
$39.99 Discounted Price: $26.99
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free in exchange for a review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.