- I'm so annoyed! I love when my boys are outdoors playing. I really do! Kids need sunshine, to run around outside, to learn new things like archery, fishing and canoeing. It just seems like every freaking year they get some kind of rash from wet muddy clothes being on their skin for too long, a scrape from diving into a semi shallow pool of water, a massive sunburn even though I send sunblock with them, and get this a new one: A fungus nail from wet shoes being on too long. In Jiu Jitsu Mica got ringworm from the mat. Isaak has gotten flat warts. After a year, I think he's finally getting rid of them! Flat warts seem to multiply like crazy! I'm just beginning to think if there's something out there that's skin damaging they'll freaking get it!
- I've been doing a lot of busy work this week. School starts for me on Monday!
- Isaak loves watching videos on doing hair. Mica laughs and shakes his head every time!
- Travis and Mica love watching silly cat videos. I laugh and shake my head every time!
- I saw these labels and thought they were funny. I only thought they were funny because the labels themselves are actually made in the US. Usually it's the opposite.
Now we're doing a lot of things to try and get rid of the toe fungus before it spreads! The doctor's office was no help. They said, "With kids it's hard. They can't be treated like adults can." I'm supposed to call them if the infection gets worse. They probably think we're the dirtiest people ever. I promise we're not! When the boys have outdoor camp they shower daily, and I wash their clothes daily! Otherwise it's a shower every other day. About the only time I call the doctor's office is for skin issues, or if they are truly sick.
Mica's new skin routine: The morning starts with Mica soaking his foot in warm epson salt and lavender oil water, while he eats breakfast. He dries his foot off, and applies a mix of coconut oil, tea tree oil, and lavender oil.
Around lunch I have him apply toe juice.
Around dinner he soaks his foot in Listerine and unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar. Yes Listerine can be used as a foot soak. Listerine is a disinfectant, Apple Cider Vinegar kills fungus. I bought yellow Listerine because the green kind was turning his foot a green color.
Around bedtime he applies Vicks Vapor Rub with a sock over it.
I'm about to try Henna this weekend. I have a friend that uses Henna on a regular basis. She knew where to get it safely. A lot of places sell it black market wise. That black market stuff can be bad! The same goes for essential oils. My friend went to a workshop about Henna, and told me all about the healing benefits. There are a lot of benefits that I never knew about! I looked them up. It comes from a tree root. It's been used for health purposes in India for centuries. I'm willing to try anything! Plus I can use extra on Isaak, or myself for fun designs. I'll practice on paper first, then my upper leg, and on Isaak's shoulder, so no one can see it if I happen to mess up! I'm sure Isaak one day would like a Henna upper arm band that has a super hero pattern of some sort.
Travis rolls his eyes when I try essential oils, Henna and coconut oil. In my defense, there are no meds that can be put on Mica's toe to treat the fungus. So what's a Mom to do?
Here's his poor nail. It looks as if it could fall off. :( I heard fungus nails can take up to 3 years to heal. Sometimes they never heal. I'm trying to heal the poor thing! I don't want it to spread!