I was born with the deviated septum, so breathing with it is all I've ever experienced. I've had allergies and asthma my whole life, so that too has been a battle back and forth. I am glad that there is a reason why I've felt so bad. It wasn't just my imagination.
Now I'm on a ton of meds until I can have this surgery. All of them have helped. I still am getting headaches, but for the the first time in a long time I can smell! My nose is actually less swollen from polyps. There was one natural thing that I tried, and it's helped this whole time.
During the winter I made a Wellness Blend:
- Boil 4 cups of water in a large pot
- Add 1/2 cup local honey
- Add in 1 1/2 large yellow onions diced
- Add in 3/4 cup ginger diced
- Add in 2 big spoons full of turmeric
- Add in 1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Add in 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- Bring to a boil again, turn the heat down to low, and cover it.
- Let it do it's thing until the water is cooked down 1/2 way. *Note: You'll be able to see where it started because the tumeric colors the pan a slight yellow
- Cool a bit, and put mixture through a blender
- Drink 2 spoons full twice a day in hot water.
- Store in the refrigerator.
The two best things in the Wellness Blend are:
They are both anti-inflammatory, help fight against heart disease, and Turmeric kills bacteria, and protects the body with antioxidants.
Other Perks in Regards to the Superfood Turmeric:
- A bright yellow powder that comes from the ginger family
- Often used in Indian or Asian cooking for coloring and added flavor
- Obtained from the roots of the plant
- An excellent source of fiber, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin C, and magnesium
- a superfood that has 2 key therapeutic components: Turmerone and Curcumin
If you dislike warm drinks here's a Turmeric and Avocado Salad Dressing you can try:
There's also Turmeric Gummies. I'd love to see if this would work with my Lego molds!
If you're a smoothie drinker like I am try Turmeric & Seed Smoothie:
I'd probably replace the hemp milk. I just can't find that at the stores where I shop.
Do you try to incorporate Turmeric, or any other Superfood into your diet?
What recipe that I shared would you most likely try?
Disclaimer: I worked with FIX blog for the illustrated recipes.
I tried turmeric in my tea and was not a fan of the flavor. I would love to be able to consume it though for the anti-inflammatory properties. You will be so amazed at how everything smells and tastes after your surgery. Jason can't stop remarking on how great everything is now lol
I have a bottle of something with turmeric in it. Overall body health I think. I haven't tried it yet. Good luck with your surgery though. I hope it opens so many new doors for you (like no more allergies!). :)
I have been hearing that Tumeric is great.
I keep saying I am going to get some for us, but haven't done it yet.
Post a Comment