I'm not really doing too much today. We celebrated June birthdays a few weeks ago with my bigger family, and went out for pizza on Father's Day celebrating both on that one day.
I did get this from my Mom:
She got the Succulent Necklace here.
She also got me some ice packs for my nose, which sort of surprised me. When I asked for them she said, "Just use a bag a peas Alissa. It works better than anything else." The ice packs are nice because they can freeze or heat up.
Travis gave me a gift card to Dunkin' Donuts. It's newish here, right up the street from work, and I happen to like it. He said, "Whatever you do don't spend it on us. Spend it on you."
I got myself some bee earrings.
It kind of came out of the money my Mom gave to me. They were on clearance + 25% off and I liked them. They're hook earrings. They really aren't as big as the picture shows. Earrings are hard to photograph I think. I tried many shots of my ear, but kept cropping them on accident.
I'm on the cusp.
Some sources say I'm a Gemini, while others say I'm a Cancer. I never put stock into signs. I think I didn't get into it because I grew frustrated when one source would say I'm one thing, and another source would say I'm something else. I looked it up last night, and I read articles about how being on the cusp is magical. Ha! I'm not so sure I'm magical:
- Strengths: Fun, flirty, curious, intellectual, affectionate, caring, devoted, sensitive and inspirational I guess I'm those things.
- Weaknesses: Moody, overly emotional, scatterbrained, selfish, depressive and self-destructive I've become more scatterbrained in the last few months. I thought it was because of my surgery coming up. Usually I have it together. My husband is more scattered brained than I am. He'd even admit that. I'm sensitive to other's emotions. Like if someone else cries, I might cry too.
- How Gemini-Cancer Work Together: Gemini's speedy and breezy energy combines with Cancer's slower and more thoughtful nature to create people who are both light and bright. Gemini's restlessness is nicely balanced by Cancer's sensitivity, resulting in a well-rounded soul. I like to think of myself as well rounded. When I take a color personality test I get all the colors.
- What They Love: Great big books about history and philosophy, trying out new recipes, hosting dinner parties and playing with children (after all, they are kids at heart). Yes, yes and yes. Travis makes fun of me for trying new recipes. I love kids overall.
- What They Need: Sensitive and affectionate Gemini-Cancer cuspers need someone to love! Without a special someone to nurture, they can become moody or depressed. I may get depressed when Travis is away a lot. He has this residency right now. While I'm proud of him, I miss him too. I'm odd though because I also enjoy my alone time.
- Advice: Thicken your skin! I do tend to take things personally. If someone drops off I think it's something I said, or did. In fact I've been known to confront them, and sometimes they just won't respond back. I've apologized before when I didn't know what I did wrong just to open a line of communication. I hate when people don't say, "Goodbye".
Travis says I seem more like a Cancer.
What's your sign? Do you believe in signs?