A month ago we decided to get you your first phone. That's your big present. With walking and riding the bus to and from middle school we figured now is the time to get you a phone. We also lost our land line some time ago, so you needed a phone.
Today I'm giving you a set of lenses for your phone.
- Taking pictures with your phone is your newest hobby.
- Music! You love playing Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and Brono Mars the most. You like Peter Gabriel, Bob Marley, and the Village People.
- Reading! You've been really into this series called Spirit Animals this summer. You read classics like Of Mice and Men, Two Kill a Mockingbird and more. You'll read books 4 or 5 times over again.
- You still love movies and shows. Grimm is one of your favorites right now. No one else around here likes it. We've been watching The Cosby Show as a family. Yes Bill Cosby has been in hot water, and on the news a lot this year. It's still a good family show. You'll watch any movie really.
- You got your first "job". You volunteered at the library and helped stock books, and collected zip codes from people for their Read to a Dog program.
- You started playing the trumpet. There are times when you practice where you're pretty good. Other times I don't think you try. You had hopes of playing Sledgehammer from Peter Gabriel, but you quickly learned that Hot Cross Buns and songs at that level would be played mostly. You did get to learn the Star Wars theme song, which is fun.
Your Personality Shines in This Video:
- You're not a big fan of chores. You had to take over for me when I got an upcycled nose (surgery) hand washing dishes.
- I've been having you do laundry at times. Last week I had you take up a load, and you forgot to dry it.
- You still dislike playing outside and sports, but did decided to give soccer a shot in the spring.
- You do this thing where you bend your elbow out to stretch it. It drives Dad nuts. Ha!
- You're more apt to want to be in your room more. That's kind of the reason why I called you a "Tweenager".
Happy Birthday my soon to be Middle Schooler!