- Isaak came home from school with a 15 page packet of homework. This time it was all his fault. He got it last week. He said it just showed up on his desk. He didn't know how to do one of the pages, so he didn't do it. He was unclear on when it was due. All this I believe, but he should have taken it home. I told him if he gets stuck on something he needs to move on, and ask for help with the thing he's stuck on. Little bugger got talked to by us. He was in tears. Then he stayed up until 9:30 working on it. I'm still annoyed with him! How is he ever going to do middle school?
- I was swamped yesterday with reviews. At the school I work for we have pro reviews, where other teachers look at the projects to bump up the standard. The students had a review of their portfolios and their theatrical posters. I was beat by the end of the day. Secretly I kind of like it that busy. Do you like to stay busy?
- One of Travis' Aunts put on FB: How's 63? I know she meant the road conditions.
I was in a smart ass mood, so I wrote, Well when you minus it from 100, it equals 37. It's the age Robin WIlliams died. It follows 62, and is preceded by the number 64. There are 63 Tractates in the Mishna, the compilation of Jewish Law. There are 63 Saints (popularly known as Nayanmars) in South Indian Shaivism, particularly in Tamil Nadu, India. In 1963 the assassination of the US President Kennedy happened. 63 seems like an important number.
She's the same Aunt that always asks me how I get things to review. The first two times she asked I said, I've been writing a blog, since Isaak was born. Companies ask me to review things from time to time. It's a lot of work because I have to photograph the things, write about them, and share them on many social media channels. She responded with, I don't think I can do all that. She keeps asking me over and over again how I get things to review. I don't answer her anymore. Maybe I should just respond with, Items magically appear in my mailbox.
- I texted Travis over lunch yesterday: Since we have Isaak's basketball game, and Mica's conferences should I stop and get Subway sandwiches for dinner? He texted: Sure, but don't give me condiments. I texted back: Ok. I'll make sure they give you a lot of condiments.
I'm a punk ass. Really I didn't have them put any condiments on his sandwich.
- Mica's the brains in our family. He's certainly not a worker. It took him 2 hours to shovel our driveway when it snowed, and we don't have sidewalks. He kept needing a break!
This is what the sink looks like after he brushes his teeth:
Travis digs condiments on burgers, brats, and hotdogs. For some reason he doesn't like them on Subway sandwiches. Mica never cares for any condiments. I wonder sometimes if Mica's really my child. LOL! Then he's crazy goofy, and I'm like yep he's mine.