- A little update on Isaak: He's done homework all this week with no meltdowns. YAY! I think he's going to be ok.
We do need to work on speeding up with everything. How does one do this? Going to a Therapist will take away from his classes, and homework time. He could use someone to talk to, but doesn't need to be taken away from his responsibilities when he's slow with his work already. He's just a slow moving kid with eating, testing, homework, and getting dressed. He's fast with his brain skills, and sports. He catches his own mistakes in Math. He doesn't always follow directions. Last night he did two pages of math that took all night. Towards the end he said, "I think I was just supposed to do even problems." I'd love to say he learned his lesson, but he did this last year too. I wanted to hug him for his efforts, and shake him for not knowing this.
- I did read this article 5 Reasons to Let Your Sensitive Boy Remain Sensitive. It totally is Isaak.
- I'm so worried about a student we have! I think I'm the only one worried about her. In first year she was a firecracker. Full of energy, fun, outgoing, but never held still.
She's now in third year. She's stand-offish with everyone, hasn't posted on social media at all when she usually does, doesn't show up to her classes, and there's talk that she's hanging out with really sketchy people doing drugs and drinking. I've told all the higher ups. I haven't heard anything back from them. I did do my last ditch effort to contact her. I messaged her on FB, and she did message me back. I know she's at least alive. Maybe not well, but alive. I told her that we have resources to help her, and that if she needs someone to listen I have a good ear. That's really all I can do.
- We have a busy weekend planned. I won tickets to go to Rocky Horror Picture Show Live from a FB entry with my ENT's office of all places. Travis and I are doing that on Sunday.
- Travis' boss gave him two tickets to see Kansas. I had to ask, "The band, or somewhere in Kansas?" I thought the band was nonexistent now. Travis assured me the band. They only have two tickets, so I asked if it's ok that he take Mica. Mica's never been to a concert - ever.
Then I'll take Isaak and a friend somewhere.