The Embarrassing Brontosaurus
- Has your kids every truly embarrassed you?
- Well Mica embarrassed me tonight in a big way!
- I have to start from the beginning. Daddy went out to dinner with a guy that likes his artwork a week or so ago. One of his artsy friends was having a get together, so we went. We really didn't know anyone, but felt somehow comfortable.
- The kids were running around and talking to people. Isaak loved their dog and cat.
- Towards the end of the night Mica said to a really large gentleman, "You're really big." I was biting my tongue. I was thinking, "Stop there, don't say anymore Mica!" Mica continued, "You're really as big as a Brontosaurus." I was a little distance from them, so I pretended not to notice. But quickly said, "Hey Mica come over and sit with Mommy." I said it very calm, but was thinking, "Hey Mica come over and sit with Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!"
- Daddy of course didn't hear a thing. It was just me that heard what my 5 year old said.
- I didn't know whether to apologize to this man for what my son said, or to pretend that I didn't hear?!? Bringing attention to it could have made the situation worse for this man, and Mica might have said more.
- I don't know if I handled the situation right or not. I kept my mouth shut until the car ride home. I said, "Mica you shouldn't tell people that they are big, fat, and especially that they are as big as a Brontosaurus! That could really hurt someone's feelings." Mica said, "Ok Mommy I won't call anyone something like that again."
- I do have to give the kid some points for creativity. He didn't mean to hurt the guy's feelings.
- He just really thought he looked like a cool, big dinosaur.
- It totally reminded me of a time when cousin Kailey, who is now almost 16 years old said that a guy was fat in a Laundromat. Aunt Angela couldn't exactly leave. Kailey kept saying it over and over again. Angela kept telling her to be quiet! Finally Kailey said, "But Mommy I love my grandma and she's fat." Poor Grandma! Sorry Grandma!
- Now Kailey is on the news for doing good by starting a cheerleading squad for special needs kids, so there is hope for Mica!
The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.
I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.
If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oh you just have to love Mica's thinking behind his words. Shame he just didn't say ' Man you look like one cool, big dinosaur'. I have no doubt the man would have smiled big time. Now that a compliment.
Hopefully, the man wasn't too offended by it, and more - that noone other than you heard it.
Those are the most embarrassing moments, but really, what are we to do? One time we were standing in line at Target and there was this big, bad biker guy sporting his biker group (possibly gang) jacket. Aiyana, very loudly turns to me and says, "Mommy, why does that man have long hair like a girl?" I quickly gave her the look and explained when we got out of there.
Post a Comment