My sister's, mom, day, and I went out to breakfast on Saturday. It was to celebrate Father's Day and my birthday.
On Sunday we went to Jurassic World at 10. Tip: If you never go to movies in the morning, try it out. It was only $5 for each of us to get in. Recliner seats and all! What I loved the most was that the theater wasn't crazy busy!
Mica's still talking about the movie, "Mom, who was your favorite dinosaur?" "Dad, did (insert dinosaur's name here) die the way you thought he would?" I don't want to give the movie away. He's also been building dinosaurs out of Legos, and checking out Jurassic Park Lego sets in his Lego magazine. When he gets on something it's constant.
Isaak only stayed in his recliner seat for 1/4 of the movie. He ended up cuddling with me. He got scared. It's odd because he watched all 3 previous movies at home with us, and didn't seem scared. It's ok I enjoyed the cuddle time.
What Else We Did:
- We went out to dinner at The Olive Garden. That kind of food doesn't always do the best with me, but it was my birthday, and Father's Day, so one time of the year - I made an exception.
- I made raspberry lemonade cupcakes for my co-workers. We always bring in treats for birthdays.
- We went to 2 places checking out prices for cell phones. I think that made me more nervous than picking out a car for some reason. I still don't have a Smart phone. I want to go to 1 more place before we decide what we're going to get. It's more about who we're going to get it from than what we're getting. Our current place - US Cellular wants to charge us more than Verizon, and put us in another contract, which Verizon wouldn't. That's what we're researching. The sale's people talk a bunch of talk I just don't understand. I have to say that Verizon kind of laid it out on the table with a sheet for us to look at, as to where US Cellular kept adding things, saying if I got a land line back again it would be cheaper. I'm like What?! I'll be getting a Smart Phone soonish. But I'm afraid US Cellular will be out.
- We played Skip-Bo. That has to be one of my favorite card games right now. Isaak won, so he was happy.
- Mica and I took turns reading Fried Green Tomatoes in the car. He needs to work on his Southern accent. I think I got it down pretty good from living in Georgia for 3 years. ;) Of course I can't fast forward a book, so they started talking about sex (nothing to explicit). I was ready to have a conversation if needed. We must have bored Isaak, he fell asleep.
- Mica wrote a skit for Dad, and Isaak wrote a skit for me. We got to watch 2 short plays.
- Isaak made a card for Dad, and a bracelet for me.
- Dad got me 2 boxes of Cheez-It Grooves, since I teased them about eating all my Cheez-It's. The cell phone is more my gift.
What did you do for Father's Day?