- Sometimes when people post that it's date night, and they don't have kids I think, "Isn't every night date night?"
- I'm in the process of cancelling out all children's clothing stores emails.
Why? You may be asking.
Well...Mica has enough XL children's shirts, and plenty of pants. Isaak gets plenty of clothes handed down to him. I'll have to start getting XS adult shirts. I'm done with Children's Place, Gymboree, and so on. It's sad because XS adult shirts are hard to find + they aren't as cute. Some places like Old Navy don't have XS adult shirts. It is what it is.
- I keep seeing older kids in strollers. People can do what they want. As soon as my kids could walk that's what they did. They have more energy that I have, so the strollers went bye bye. Mica walked twice as much as us. He'd run ahead, then walk back, and kept doing that. Isaak was a little more lazy. He didn't want to have to walk. Now he's a trooper. I do miss the stroller for hauling stuff.
- We've been watching old shows on TV. Family Ties is one show my husband and I can agree on. Travis swears that Michael J Fox has a slight twitch - early stages of Parkinson's Disease. I know he wasn't diagnosed at that time. I wonder how early he did actually get it? Did he have insignificant symptoms way before he actually got diagnosed? Regardless I love him in the Back to the Future movies, Secret of My Success and Doc Hollywood!
- We get to dress up for the first time tonight at the kid's Fall Festival. Isaak wanted to be a zombie. He's like his father who thinks that Halloween should be scary. I bought him things to dress up like a zombie.
I didn't think about the fact that weapons wouldn't be allowed in school. Stupid me. I guess we've never dressed up with weapons before. We ended up going back to the store to buy an actual zombie costume for him.
Mica's going as Captain America.
I worked a lot of Sunday cutting out vinyl letters for my costume. I'm going as a Cheez-it box. I have a red wig, orange nails, orange lipstick, I sprayed Cheez-It Grooves crackers with clear acrylic paint and hot glued them to earrings, I have Cheez-It socks, and so on. The "box" is spray painted red. The top is yellow duct tape. I have colored pencil, marker, printouts, and vinyl lettering I used on it. On the back it's red and says, "Get your own box!" You can say I'm going as something "Cheesy" for Halloween, or be derogatory (in this case it's not disrespectful) and call me a "Cracker".
I struggled with Halloween this year. I like it, but I'm sick of the fact that women's costumes are sexy, expensive, you don't what they are, or the are stupid. It was really getting under my skin. I caved, and made yet another Halloween costume.
Do you get into Halloween?