- A student came to the door looking for me. He wanted to know if I could be in their commercial? He said, "I just thought you'd like to be in it because you like to dress up for Halloween and stuff." I said, "What do I need to dress up as?" He said, "An older person. You may want to bring a grey wig." I was thinking, My hair is 50 percent grey. I said, "I don't have a grey wig." He said, "Oh I thought you would." I was thinking, Ya I have a closet at home full of wigs. I told him their group has to get a wig if I'm going to be in their commercial. I said, "It has to be here at school. I'm not going anywhere. I could get in trouble with admissions, plus I don't want to spend my break on your project. It also has to be on one of my office days." He had no idea about where or when it would be. It doesn't sound very planned out. We'll see if it happens.
- A student asked me last Friday, "So what are you going to be for Halloween?" I told her, "A box of Cheez-It's." She said, "Really? That's it!" I said, "So sorry to disappoint you. Yes that's it." At least I dress up. From what I remember this student didn't dress up as anything too special last year.
- Our new Education Director was talking about gardening. She was mentioning how she loved watching birds fly around, and squirrels bounce around. I said, "Oh I could do without the squirrels!" She's like, "Why?" I said, "They plant lots of trees around the yard. Plus they are like rats, but with big fluffy tails." HA
- We signed Isaak up for basketball at a community center. He was so excited. He's been on a basketball kick since summer started. We just got an email that said they are cancelling the class because not enough kids signed up. We paid more, and signed him up through the Y. If my kid is excited for something like that, then I'm going to get him in to play.
- I was standing in a check out line thinking, Maybe I should awkwardly say 'Thank you Joe!' to all check out people. Only change the name to whatever is on their name tag. Everyone wears a name tag, but no one calls them their name that I ever hear anyway. It's like we're not on a first name basis, but they have to wear it. I think I'm going to start using their names. Just to see how they respond. Kind of a test on humanity.