Random Tid Bits
- A student came to the door looking for me. He wanted to know if I could be in their commercial? He said, "I just thought you'd like to be in it because you like to dress up for Halloween and stuff." I said, "What do I need to dress up as?" He said, "An older person. You may want to bring a grey wig." I was thinking, My hair is 50 percent grey. I said, "I don't have a grey wig." He said, "Oh I thought you would." I was thinking, Ya I have a closet at home full of wigs. I told him their group has to get a wig if I'm going to be in their commercial. I said, "It has to be here at school. I'm not going anywhere. I could get in trouble with admissions, plus I don't want to spend my break on your project. It also has to be on one of my office days." He had no idea about where or when it would be. It doesn't sound very planned out. We'll see if it happens.
- A student asked me last Friday, "So what are you going to be for Halloween?" I told her, "A box of Cheez-It's." She said, "Really? That's it!" I said, "So sorry to disappoint you. Yes that's it." At least I dress up. From what I remember this student didn't dress up as anything too special last year.
- Our new Education Director was talking about gardening. She was mentioning how she loved watching birds fly around, and squirrels bounce around. I said, "Oh I could do without the squirrels!" She's like, "Why?" I said, "They plant lots of trees around the yard. Plus they are like rats, but with big fluffy tails." HA
My Dad told me a story about a squirrel once. The mom that raised him kept feeding one. One weekend she went out of town. The squirrel wasn't being fed, so it started scratching and biting holes in their door. My Grandpa said, "Go get your shot gun. Don't tell your Mother!" Ever since them I haven't pictured squirrels as cute.
- We signed Isaak up for basketball at a community center. He was so excited. He's been on a basketball kick since summer started. We just got an email that said they are cancelling the class because not enough kids signed up. We paid more, and signed him up through the Y. If my kid is excited for something like that, then I'm going to get him in to play.
- I was standing in a check out line thinking, Maybe I should awkwardly say 'Thank you Joe!' to all check out people. Only change the name to whatever is on their name tag. Everyone wears a name tag, but no one calls them their name that I ever hear anyway. It's like we're not on a first name basis, but they have to wear it. I think I'm going to start using their names. Just to see how they respond. Kind of a test on humanity.
The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.
I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.
If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: email@example.com
I could do without squirrels too. Mariah wanted to know why her pumpkin was already carved up. Well, you can thank the squirrels for that! lol.
I hope Isaak enjoys his new basketball program.
As a retail worker, it used to irritate me when people said my name at checkout. I don't know why. I just found it kind of creepy. But, I'm kind of antisocial like that ;)
I kind of like squirrels , I had one as a pet when I was a kid. They can be a pain in the rear though, getting up in the attic and such. I use a "catch em alive" trap and take them off in the forest to relocate when they do that.
Wonder if the commercial will work out? I wait with interest to hear the end of that tale.
When I worked at the park on that senior citizen program, we all had name tags with just our first names. It was so some of the lunatics who came in there couldn't look you up on the internet and harass you at home.
I thought your Cheez It costume was very clever and well thought out.
I love your random posts...
can't wait to hear if you did the commercial or not.
Post a Comment