- My first year students got new macbooks this week. I find it annoying that Apple keeps removing more and more ports. No USB or card readers. My boss had to order some $5 converters, so that they can have access to our digital cameras and scanners. Oh but they have a fancy bar across the top that no one gives a crap about. Ha!
- There's been twice lately where we failed as parents.
I thought the clock said 8:30. I said, "Ok kids it's time for bed." Travis and I were saying we were both so tired. I thought maybe it was because we were cleaning all day long. Nope the clock stopped. It was 10:30. The kids got an extended bedtime that night.
We had a really late, full lunch during the weekend. We hung out with my parents during the afternoon one day. Isaak said, "Grandma I'm really hungry! I don't think I ever had lunch." I looked at the time and thought, "I guess we didn't have lunch. We did have brunch though." Apparently brunch isn't good enough for 2 growing boys.
- Speaking of food...we had my nephews Evan, Elijah, and Edison over when their brother Emerson was in the hospital. I served up some left over stir fry that we had, orange slices, carrots, and a drink. Elijah the 8 year old gobbled it up.
While I was dishing up their food Travis was making ours: An Indian Dish with Moong that's a grain/protein. Elijah said, "I want some of that too!" I dished him up not one, but two bowls full of Indian food. Apparently he didn't mind the spice. ;) He said, "It's a medium".
- I was kind of bummed over the holidays about 1 thing really. I had 3 friends in town, and not one of them called me. I mentioned on facebook how much I missed all of them. To be honest I would have asked off of work just to spend time with any one of them, or all of them. That's how much I wanted to see them. They were the ones in town. I had no clue when they'd be here exactly, how long, or what their schedules were. I know we all have our lives, but I miss them. That begs the question if they miss me? Do they care? Maybe I'm over thinking things. That seems to be what I do.
- I do a mud mask once or twice a year. I get a dry forehead. If I put lotion on it it's flaky and oily. BTW that's a weird combo. The mud mask takes the flakiness off. It's smooth afterwards.
Isaak every time, "What is that?" Me, "I don't know, something is really wrong with my face. Maybe I should go to the hospital!"
Travis, "Why are you putting that crap on your face?" Me, "Come here & kiss me." Travis, "Get away!" Me, "What's the matter? You don't like grey people?" Ha!